My R leaks

S

Stoned

The passenger footwell is sopping wet :(

There was actually more moisture on the inside windscreen of my car than the outside today.

Is this only likely to be the door seal, or could it come in elsewhere?
I believe the front windscreen was resealed a couple of years back so that doesnt seem too likely

The door seals were about £60 from Nissan werent they? :(

ram5ay

Is it front or rear?
Could be from loads of places, maybe holes in the bulkhead where alarm wires/boost pipes etc have been fed through and not sealed up right.
Maybe one of the grommets in the floorpan under the carpet has come out.
Maybe your passangers have been getting in and out with wet boots all winter. :lol:
If you think it is the door seal a good trick is to put a wee slit in it at the bottom and feed a length of rubber vacuum hose up inside the hollow bit, giving it a bit more "body".
Best bet is to gat the carpet dried out then see what bit gets wet first, should point you in the right direction.
:wink:

SunOnGTiR

Hello stoned,
When I had a mk2golfgti,I had leaking problems.
I found out the door membrane inside the door,behind the doorcard was ripped/perished.Had to buy a new one,stuck it down with glue and d-sided tape.
Hope this helps :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

your not losing coolant are you??

i had a similar thing happen to me with a golf and it turned out that the tray that runs along the front of the windscreen had leaves in it blocking the drain holes and when i turned a right hander the water came in on the passenger side and soaked the carpets :roll:

stu