My R

ki_saj_ng

hey, just bringing back an old topic eventhough we came to the conclusion that my 4th piston was gone.

just gotten home from uni 2day and thought i should start the banger up seeing as its been sitting for a month. once it started, it was idling at 650rpm until it warmed up then to the usual 950ish.

still all the symptons were there but also i noticed a little smoke or steamish come from the head of the engine, but i think this is just excess oil burning up as i previously said that rocker gasket was leaking?

heres the main point, could u get the same or simillar effect from having a leaking distributor cap seal, 4th piston not sparking?

a couple weeks before everything fooked up, i changed the O ring from the distributor as this was also leaking and when i changed that i noticed that the main seal was damaged and my mechanic put some "special" paste around the seal area which was damaged, im just think whether this could be A problem. it was something nissan didnt hold in stock and by the time i got it, guess what, it was too late.

for those who do not know, i did do a compression test and the 4th cyl only shown 4bar

any opinions on this as i think it may be the problem.

cheers guys

saj 8)

I

Innovate Performance

Mate if you only have 58 psi on number 4 cylinder then i would say that is you problem. :( :(

You should have compression of 150psi and above. to give you a rought idea.

Sorry :cry:

H

heaven is a gtir (bry)

I did a compression test on mine a couple of weeks ago and everything came up clear 150psi. :D Then my garage sugested to do a leak test which is where you compress the chamber to 140psi and check for air out of the oil fill cap and dip stick. 1 was ok 2+3 were excellent and 4 was fooked. air was coming out of the oil fill and dip stick. :(

The first compression test checks the compression rings. The second test checks the oil ring.

If the compression test is coming out at 58psi then im sorry you have either burnt the rings out like me or your piston is fooked. :roll:

good luck
Bry. :cry: