My R!

M

memoli

Hey guys....iv got a pulsar, with a close ratio gear box and a gt28/35 turbo on it. I had it set up at engine advantages (top guys) and is 360bhp, with 271lb/ft of torque at 1.1 bar. Last night i raced my mates evo 9 running just over 300 and i struggled to pull away from him. It was a rolling start in first and by the end of second gear had just abt pulled half a car lengh!!

is this right, as didnt get a chance to go into third due to traffic! he is 300 lb/ft of torque though!!

cheers guys!

EVOBAD

your pulsar shoud pull away from his evo with no problems are u sure your runing 360bhp mate as a pulsar with this power would beat an evo with 400bhp in a straight line what other mods u got ie maf injetors ecu etc

M

memoli

Iv got a standard ECU, and i dunno about injectors! the guys at engine advantages said that it started to detonate after 1.1bar as its got standard internals!!

Thats what i thought...thought i could easily take him but struggled!! Iv got the dyno print out mate its 356bhp and 270/lb/ft of torque! how could i get that figure up??

M

memoli

and would i now need to uprate the internals?

cheers guys!!

EVOBAD

memoli said:
Iv got a standard ECU, and i dunno about injectors! the guys at engine advantages said that it started to detonate after 1.1bar as its got standard internals!!

Thats what i thought...thought i could easily take him but struggled!! Iv got the dyno print out mate its 356bhp and 270/lb/ft of torque! how could i get that figure up??

sounds a little bit:-D to me are u sure it wasnt 306bhp 270lbft at 1.1bar as this would sound :thumbsup: it would be nice to see the print out mate:-D ,to make 360bhp i would of thought u would need uprated injectors,z32 ,uprated fuel pump,remaped ecu of som sort

M

memoli

Na mate i got the print out here in front of me....Its got an uprated fuel pump and i dont know about the injectors. at 1.1bar its doesnt miss a beat...apparantly the standard ecu dont have fuel or boost cut offs. But it def is them figures mate!

But that bhp figure is at the flywheel! but thats how its usually measured aint it? Ill give him anouther crack later and see what she does today!

Adam L

Another over reading rolling road graph from them...

you're not going to detonate because the internals are std, fuelling would be the problem and obvisouly it's because you're on the std ecu.

Keira

Adam L said:
Another over reading rolling road graph from them...
maybe the rollers are facing down hill with a following wind :shock:

my old weasel pug must've had more power in those circumstances cos i'd just about get it over the ton :der: :lol:

Adam L

diesel weasel said:
maybe the rollers are facing down hill with a following wind :shock:

my old weasel pug must've had more power in those circumstances cos i'd just about get it over the ton :der: :lol:
diesel engine? they'd probably tell you it was det'ing too:lol:

geoff pine

memoli said:
Hey guys....iv got a pulsar, with a close ratio gear box and a gt28/35 turbo on it. I had it set up at engine advantages (top guys) and is 360bhp, with 271lb/ft of torque at 1.1 bar. Last night i raced my mates evo 9 running just over 300 and i struggled to pull away from him. It was a rolling start in first and by the end of second gear had just abt pulled half a car lengh!!

is this right, as didnt get a chance to go into third due to traffic! he is 300 lb/ft of torque though!!

cheers guys!
I managed 290bhp +278ft lbs of torque at last years north west rolling road with a close ratio box, 3"front pipe ,front mount, greddy b2 boost controler colder, plugs uprated fuel pump, and hybrid turbo at 1bar .So how can you get an extra 70bhp for .1 of a bar and 7ft lbs less torque ? the explanation should be intresting.

M

memoli

geoff pine said:
I managed 290bhp +278ft lbs of torque at last years north west rolling road with a close ratio box, 3"front pipe ,front mount, greddy b2 boost controler colder, plugs uprated fuel pump, and hybrid turbo at 1bar .So how can you get an extra 70bhp for .1 of a bar and 7ft lbs less torque ? the explanation should be intresting.
i dont know mate...but how can there rolling road be so wrong? but iv posted the spec of the car up before and people on here have said it should be pushing around the 350 mark with that set up!!

so i dont know mate!

Adam L

The Evo also weighs in at 1400kg's, so either Egine Advantages have never had their rr calibrated correctly or atall. I'd take any rolling road figure with a pinch of salt, in your case, a hand full...

M

memoli

Cheers guys for that! so where do i go from here? what ecu and injectors should i put on her? and roughly how much do they cost?

cheers guys for the advice appretiate it!

EVOBAD

emange plus 550 injectors & z32 maf & go somewher else to get it set up as i think ther is something not right wher your going at the moment

M

memoli

EVOBAD said:
emange plus 550 injectors & z32 maf & go somewher else to get it set up as i think ther is something not right wher your going at the moment
cheers mate! any ideas how much they roughly are and where i can get a hold of them?

thanks!

EVOBAD

memoli said:
cheers mate! any ideas how much they roughly are and where i can get a hold of them?

thanks!
injectors £100-150
emange blue £200ish with harnesses
z32 maf £70-100ish

M

memoli

Cheers mate appretiate that! will those give a roughly true 360bhp, with stock internals if you up the boost?