My rolling road session

P

PF

Had my car on the rollers for the first time ever today in nearly three years of ownership. Never really been worth it as it was standard for most of its time but, I have recently put on a apexi power intake so thought it would be a good time to see whats going on under the cheese gratter.

Used power engineering in Uxbridge and they were really helpful. Cheers guys.

Engine mods are:

Mongoose system with full de-cat
Apexi power intake
Forge atmos dump valve

It recorded max power of 212 bhp @6955 rpm
191 lbs/ft peak torque

Operator said the car was runnning really well and the fuelling was fine with bags of room to up the boost if I want (stupid question :D ). I was a little dissapointed to be below the standard quoted power, but it drives great and has never let me down so cant complain really.

I was in stitches though when he offered me some advice on what I should do next.....

"Put on a FCD"............. here we go again :wink:

Profec B and a uprated fuel pump I hope will be with me in the new year and fingers crossed I will get Emanage fitted and mapped for the summer.

S

Stoned

Hmm

To be honest I would be quite disappointed being it's had the CAT removed. On mine that made a noticeable power increase and really allowed it to rev. So taking that into account I would want more than standard power.

How many miles has she done and are you running standard boost or possible less?

Good to hear she runs reliably though :D

P

PF

Speedo reads 51,000 miles but being a import who knows. When the engine was out for the clutch change the guys who did it did say the car was in good condition and would indicate mileage close to the figure showing on the clock.

If he gave me the slightest doubt that something was up I would get cracking and get it fixed but he assured me it was sweet, no det at all and everything was doing what it should be.

But yeah I agree, figure does seem a little low but not sure where to look to be honest as Im not sure anythings wrong as such :?

Its running standard boost.

S

Stoned

Yeah I would suggest a service and borrow a boost gauge to make sure she is actually running standard boost. The spring can get tired over time leading to it holding less boost

It could be something as simple as that. New spring and you should be looking at 240bhp or thereabouts.

Good luck with her!

P

PF

Yep done it last weekend, dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, leads and oil change. Checked all the hoses.... everything appears to be ok.

Fault code is showing all clear. Thing is, if I had not had the power run done I would be convinced I had a normal 230 bhp car and life is a bed of roses. Because now I know my exact figures... let the head scratching commence!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
With the same spec as you, I got 234bhp. Do you know what your ATW figure was?

They may be using low transmission losses, which would give a lower flywheel figure :?

S

Stoned

The cheap single spring ones are rubbish and give terrible idle, but i'm sure they also do the twin spring ones

JIMMYBACK

Stoned said:
The cheap single spring ones are rubbish and give terrible idle, but i'm sure they also do the twin spring ones
they do a twin evo one........tyhats the one i had..stil didnt work properly :oops: :cry: .so i sold it to a scooby owned.he loved it :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

G

gdm1984

I have mongoose cat back system, hks filter and a Hks dump valve, running 0.9 bar of6 boost and i got 270 bhp and dastek said the car was in tip top condition for 66k miles! good cars the pulsars!