my sunny

S

SUNNY-TJ

hi, my name is TJ AND HAVE RECENTLY PERCHASED A SUNNY GTI-R,
IT HAS HAD A QUIET A LOT DONE TO IT BUT I DON'T THINK IT IS PERFORMING TO ITS POTENTIAL.
IT HAS A HYBRID TURBO AND ACTUATOR(NOT TOO SURE WHAT)
HKS AIR FILTER
HKS DUMP VALVE
DE-CAT PIPE
AND QUITE AN OLD HKS ELECTRONIC VALVE CONTROLER.

A FEW PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE EVC COULD BE OUT AND NEED SETTING UP, CAUSING THE CAR TO UNDER PERFORM.
IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME AN IDEA OF HOW TO SET UP THE EVC. I CAN FIND OUT WHAT MODEL OF EVC IT IS BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE IT IS THAT THATS CAUSING THE PROBLEMS.

THANKS.
SUNNT-TJ

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Before you look at that, read the fault code check sticky in this section and go do the check to see if the car side of things comes back OK.

PS turn your caps lock off please.

S

SUNNY-TJ

Thanks. i'll try that,
if that comes back all ok can you recomend anywhere to set it up properly for me,
i have heard good things about abbey motorsport in essex.

bopper

he took it in to be chipped then his pager kept going off telling him the car was flyin around and not at abbey where it should be. By the time he got down there to find out wot the **** was happening the car had been wrote off by someone called mark i think, that mark fella ended up in hospital, pretty bad crash apparently.

S

SUNNY-TJ

Oh shit,
thanks for the advice,
i have spoke to nsomeone and they said the evc is crap and to get rid of it, it controls the ignition timing and cam timing of the car, not the turbo i first thought it did,
can anyone recomend a good reasonably priced in car elactronic boost controller?
does mark still work for abbey motors?

S

SUNNY-TJ

thanks for all the advice,
i phoned abbey and they were really un helpful, so i phoned tdi's and they told me the exact problems and told me they could do it saturday. i'll let you know the outputs and i'll load up some power run graphs.
do you ever meet anywhere or only at shows?
i found out that people were getting the ecv confussed with old fcom, the firsr hks ecu that apparently wasn't that good.
thanks.

tonysoprano

Un helpful

I dont think so.You phoned Abbey and spoke to me and you were a confused person .You told me that your EVC was managing the timing on your car!!! So you clearly did not Know what you had.

I told you to pop down with it ,no obligation, and I would have a look while you wait and see what you had and I would advise you accordingly.

Hardly what I call being unhelpful!!

By the way ,it was me not Mark who wrote off the Supra 7 yrs ago.

I wasnt out" batting about with it" .I was setting up the boost controller when I hit some standing water and lost it.I was driving with the owners consent and my insurance paid him out more than he paid for the car.

He carried on to be a good regular customer when he bought a Skyline.

Tony