mysterious pipe?

nitrosgti-r

i am in the process of sorting out my fast idle and i have found a mysterious pipe??

Its the pipe that seems to come from the gear box, under the induction duct, but was not even blocked or going to any where??

Does any one know where this pipe should be going? I have blocked it off for now anyway and made no diffs ??

Cheers

I

Innovate Performance

It is the breather pipe for the gearbox and should not be blocked as it is ment to allow excess pressure to escape to stop you blowing the gearbox oil seals.

Uncle Winnet

its a breather pipe for the gearbox should be cliped up around the top of the engine so just unblock it and leave it alone

john

A

antilag

there are two breathers like that i think does it have a 180 bend on the top so it looks like a walking stick lol ifso leave it unblocked matey

I

Innovate Performance

4 people posting the same answer at the same time spookey. :lol:

nitrosgti-r

ooooooooo

oo bugger, best i unblock it then. How stupid do i feel pmsl. yes it does have a 180 deg bend at the top. May be i could put a little k&n breather on it??

Cheers for that folks :lol:

O

one Gti-R

don't bother with a K&N breather just un block it and leave it alone :wink:

geetee

there's a little clip for it under the right hand side of the top mount frame (if you still have the TMIC of course!).

Cheers
GeeTee 8)