nasty noises

S

sweep121

when i was at knockhill today I overshot the hairpin and went into the stones a little. came out and then the power steering is acting funny. really hard to turn at first then it's easy then it's hard. looked down the left handside of engine bay I can see a worn looking belt. what is that belt, what else does it power and where can i get one and oh is it hard to fit?

my other problem is there is a grinding/rubbing noise coming from the driver side front wheel. at times it sounds like tyre is burst and sometimes it sounds like i've got a stone stuck in the caliper. Sounds pretty awful.

apart from that the car is fine and it's on ebay right now

just look for pulsar gtir evo
that should bring it up

gtir bean

was yours the silver one?that belt is the power steering belt;-) .if it slips it can make the steering do that.does it squeel when its doing it?that belt does the water pump too so best to make sure its ok.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
yeah the power steering belt also runs the water pump so don't go driving it if its gone!!...

Rishi

S

sweep121

cheers lads, there's about half of it left, I trundled home and just kept an eye on everything anyway.

Maybe some stones got in there when I plunged into the gravel.

There is a sound that i'm sure is coming from the front right wheel, nothing looks out of place, there is a scoring around the brake disc which looks new, maybe something got jammed in there.

I'll get it looked at over the next few days anyway.

J

justin666

Sounds like you have a stone or summat stuck in there so just whip the pads out and have a nosey 8). I had the same noise just after the council decided to to resurface my road with loose gravel one summer!!! Knackered my disk up so I got them to buy me some new ones :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Unfortunatly they wouldnt pay for a big brake upgrade :cry: shame :lol:

J.

™ƒũ†ũ®Э●ŤђЦĞĞϊη™

lol worth a try!! willwood are a great upgrade a friend has aome on his mazda pick up!! look great

J

jpward

sweep121 said:
cheers lads, there's about half of it left, I trundled home and just kept an eye on everything anyway.

Maybe some stones got in there when I plunged into the gravel.

There is a sound that i'm sure is coming from the front right wheel, nothing looks out of place, there is a scoring around the brake disc which looks new, maybe something got jammed in there.

I'll get it looked at over the next few days anyway.
Theres a guard on the inside and it can jam stones quite easily and can be bent by hand so can on occasion rub on the disc

But as for power steering being light then hard are you sure you havent bent anything as in the track rods?

S

sweep121

it's at the garage now, hopefully it'll be diagnosed and fixed soon as. cheers for the feedback lads.