Need advise

R

rnash2002

Not new here and my brothers on the forum,you all should know who he is lol,im breaking my rover 220 coupe turbo at the monent and will be getting a jap car in april,just wanted some advise on what car to get,was looking at a evo 3 until i read the post about crank walk on evo.net,thats put me right off.
So been looking at the pulsars,but worried about talk of week gearbox's.

A

AJ4

Pulsars dont have a 'weak' gearbox. The standard gearbox will last forever in a standard car.

The stories you hear are from people who up the boost by a considerable amount and regularly launch it with a standard gearbox, and it breaks ( just like any other car does :roll: )

There is nothing specifically bad about the Pulsar box that can't be said of any other Jap performance car...

Hope that helps :D

O

Olly

Fast powerful cars need mainternance if your not sure then don't buy a cheap R or Proton Evo 3 get something you can afford to maintain chappy.
You can't have power and reliability with out investing in the car. Porsche performance comes at a price. :wink:

SunOnGTiR

Olly said:
Fast powerful cars need mainternance if your not sure then don't buy a cheap R or Proton Evo 3 get something you can afford to maintain chappy.
You can't have power and reliability with out investing in the car. Porsche performance comes at a price. :wink:
GF's brother had anevo8 fq300 for 18 months.
He said it cost him around 20 gs running and maintaining it :shock:
He done nearly 30,000 miles,I looked at some of his bills :shock:
One bill to change front and rear pads..600 odd quid.
Drove it a few times..........very,very nice car 8)

marcymarc

SunOnGTiR said:
Olly said:
GF's brother had anevo8 fq300 for 18 months.
He said it cost him around 20 gs running and maintaining it :shock:
He done nearly 30,000 miles,I looked at some of his bills :shock:
One bill to change front and rear pads..600 odd quid.
Drove it a few times..........very,very nice car 8)

I nearly bought an fq300 the other month but then i thought feck that if your gonna have an evo 8 it need to be an MR :roll: but i didnt have MR money , i was scraping the barrel affording the fq300, then i came to my senses and decided that Evo owners are Nobs (any one been on MLR lately :evil: )

Also, i wouldnt think there is any difference in maintainance costs wether its an Evo or an R , if anything an R could be said to cost more to maintain.

Keira

Re: ...

hmmm said:
then i came to my senses and decided that Evo owners are Nobs
:lol: What a great conclusion. A moment of clarity :wink:.
couldn't agree more 8)

the 3 evo owners that i talk to certainly fit that description nicely :lol: :lol: :lol:

F

FlyinbySTi

Alot of the Evo owners over here suck too. All they do is brag oh the 4g63 this and that blah blah blah on and on. What's an EVO 8 go for over there. one can be had for about $26,000USD new if bought at the right dealer. I think the MR is around 32,000USD. I know my STi was $35,000 out the door, the sticker was $32,972. I got a hell of a deal though.

I say pic up the R, you'll probably save yourself some money in the long run.

R

rnash2002

Dooie Pop Pop said:
so who' s your brother then?
pigme1000000 :) ,probably will get a R,its not that i cant afford to run one its just the things people say,defo not gona get a evo 3 now anyway,dont want to join the crank walk club :twisted:

Keira

unfortunately i have :lol: and you havn't answered my question so i guess you do :shock: :lol:

how is the sherminator :lol: :lol:

R

rnash2002

Nope i look more like the milkman :lol: ,hes doing ok,he cant wait to get the car back on the road.

R

rnash2002

marcymarc said:
rnash2002 said:
Nope i look more like the milkman :lol: ,hes doing ok,he cant wait to get the car back on the road.

No offence mate but your brother is a Nob! :shock: :wink: :lol:
Thats fine mate your aloud to think what you want,just dont tarnish me with the same brush :D

Dooie Pop Pop

rnash2002 said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
pigme1000000 :) ,probably will get a R,its not that i cant afford to run one its just the things people say,defo not gona get a evo 3 now anyway,dont want to join the crank walk club :twisted:
:lol: hi dude :wink: stay away from protons they are oh so dull :roll: You Need An R, car choice of the twisted and mentally impaired! :D :D :D

i like your brother...he said i look young :lol:

C

carpy100

i like your brother...he said i look young :lol:[/quote]
:shock: wonder why he said that dooie. i'd be a tad concerned, certainly wouldnt have broadcast it :lol:

marcymarc

Dooie Pop Pop said:
rnash2002 said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:

i like your brother...he said i look young last night in bed :lol:

:shock: no one likes his brother :lol: