need help and opinions

coxie

i am just about to order a 310mm wilwood brake kit and am curious as to what pads to purchase with it...ie ebc,pagid,mintex etc etc.could you please post with your experiences of the different brands. i would like something that makes you head butt the window every time you press the brakes.

i would like wilwood owners to give their comments obviously but people with bigger brakes...ie hi spec,brembo etc i am still intrested in your views

thanks in advance for your help.

E

Edd

I havent got any gtir experience but on my old car i was given free discs and pads by ebc to test for them..........i changed back to oe parts after 2 months :wink:

I've used mintex pads in the past and they were excellent 8)
I've got ferrodo pads for the AP's and my mate has them on his AP set up and they are lethal at stopping.

I've heard good things about pagid, ferrodo and mintex if that helps

coxie

cheers edd that helps a bit :D

just hoping that somebody who uses wilwoods will post. :!:

E

Edd

well sickboy, mr gtir, jgtir all use wilwoods so give them a pm :wink:

ex-gtir

i have the 285 kit and got the standard pads made for wilwood they are a very hard compond and are very noisy when cold but when hot are they best no noise and stop excelently i am happy to put up with the noise when cold for the efficency when pushed
mike

Mr GTiR

i use the pollymatrix pads they supplid with the kit and have no complaints.

I have not had any problems with any squeeling with mine :?

Curtis

I did and in fact still do have the squealing problem with mine, but to answer your question I'm not sure there are even other pads available for these calipers yet! So your choice is probably limited to the two options the Wilwood supply.

zia

the mintex are good but occasionally the noise sets your teeth on edge and everybody look at you as if you doing it on purpose. :oops:

zia