Need Some Advice

serks2

Ive been having probs with my R, i brang down to rochester and a guy said to me it will need a engine re-build,, while the engine is out i want to add a few mods to it,, im not sure what tho,, the only thing he told me to do was to get a full engine gasket set,,

oh and please move if in the wrong place

cheers.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

so whats the question then?
if he said it needs a full rebuild, then that means what it says, 'full rebuild' which will include new gaskets etc
there not going to rebuild it and put old gaskets and seals back are they! not if they know what their doing!

J

justin666

What do you mean by having problems with it.????

A rebuild is slightly more than a gasket set.!! IF, the engine needs a rebuild then your gonna need to get ya wallet open and get, pistons, rings, shells, barings (big end and main), crank reground, rod bolts, head bolts, block bored and honed, gasket set ;-), then all the stuff for the head should that need doing. Plus if the engine is out you may as well do the clutch, clutch fork etc.. The list can go on!!!! PLus you may as well replace water hoses, vac hoses, water pump, oil pump..... blah blah....:doh:

Are you SURE it needs a build or just taking some guys work for it.??? Has the engine been compressin tested? Does it knock etc???

J.

serks2

justin666 said:
What do you mean by having problems with it.????

A rebuild is slightly more than a gasket set.!! IF, the engine needs a rebuild then your gonna need to get ya wallet open and get, pistons, rings, shells, barings (big end and main), crank reground, rod bolts, head bolts, block bored and honed, gasket set ;-), then all the stuff for the head should that need doing. Plus if the engine is out you may as well do the clutch, clutch fork etc.. The list can go on!!!! PLus you may as well replace water hoses, vac hoses, water pump, oil pump..... blah blah....:doh:

Are you SURE it needs a build or just taking some guys work for it.??? Has the engine been compressin tested? Does it knock etc???

J.
well the engine blows out blue smoke and stalls also got a air leake from inlet manifold gastket, and also jerks on low revs, he took a quick look at it for me and said that he would need to dig deep to see what the problem can be,, it also is overfueling really bad,,, what my question was is that i want to add a few perfomance parts while the engine is out,,,,,,,and being fixed.

serks2

pulsarboby said:
so whats the question then?
if he said it needs a full rebuild, then that means what it says, 'full rebuild' which will include new gaskets etc
there not going to rebuild it and put old gaskets and seals back are they! not if they know what their doing!

i never said a full engine re-build i said re-build,,, and im just explain to u what the guy said,,,, :der:

P

pulsarboby

yep granted, im not having a dig at you but a rebuild is none the less a rebuild.
as what justin has said above, thats a very broad word!
nearlly all mods can be carried out with the engine in situ apart from rebore, pistons and stuff like that!
i would personally take it somewhere else and get other advise! you may not need a rebuild as this guy said, just a tune, and maybe new inlet manifold gasket which will then give you spare cash to carry out some engine mods, does that make sense or not!
but at the end of the day its your money!

T

tro||

pulsarboby said:
nearlly all mods can be carried out with the engine in situ apart from rebore, pistons and stuff like that!
there is a place that will rebore with engine in situ, i wouldn't personally go there but they do it :lol: and pistons can be done with the engine in

P

pulsarboby

tro|| said:
there is a place that will rebore with engine in situ, i wouldn't personally go there but they do it :lol: and pistons can be done with the engine in
your right there troll, there is actually a mobile engine boarer in southend, who will do the job outside your house, but thats ok if you have a simple engine, but on a gtir it would be quicker to drop the thing out rather than trying to dismantle it all in situ.
and as you say i would be worried in case he made a balls up, where does that leave you then!
you would have to wrap your now useless pistons round his neck, sit down and sob uncontrollably:lol:

geetee

serks2 said:
..... what my question was is that i want to add a few perfomance parts while the engine is out,,,,,,,and being fixed.

That still isn't a question. It is.... well in fact I'm really not sure what you would call it.

I think what you meant was:

My question was, "I would like to add a few performance parts to my engine whilst it is out of the car being repaired. However, I don't know what to add. Do you have any recommendations?"

Cheers
Graham

serks2

stumo said:
Serks, are you English?
if i said no would u not bother replying to my thread?? it shouldnt matter!!(discrimination)
but if u must know i am born and bred in england!!:thumbsup:

serks2

geetee said:
That still isn't a question. It is.... well in fact I'm really not sure what you would call it.

I think what you meant was:

My question was, "I would like to add a few performance parts to my engine whilst it is out of the car being repaired. However, I don't know what to add. Do you have any recommendations?"

Cheers
Graham
emmm.....:? :? :roll: thats the same thing but a longer and posher version!!

serks2

niklock1 said:
Was this place in rochester D2 ? coz they where stumped by my DTA ignition.

im not sure of the companys name but the guy who is doing it is a really good freind..

but thanx for all your replys,,,

Last edited:
O

Odin

serks2 said:
emmm.....:? :? :roll: that's the same thing but a longer and posher version!!

No your mistaken fella ;-) , Its not the posh version, Its just the English language version for those of us that still remember that this is England where we still speak the Queens English and not text speak :roll: :roll: :roll: ......

Rob

serks2

Thunder God said:
No your mistaken fella ;-) , Its not the posh version, Its just the English language version for those of us that still remember that this is England where we still speak the Queens English and not text speak :roll: :roll: :roll: ......

Rob
:) :)