Needed ASAP inner cv joint boots, WANTED.

• Thread starter stevenrsturbo@aol.com
  • Start date

ki_saj_ng

quick question here, at the wheels - how can the driveshafts be removed?

is it only by removing the hub nuts?????

im asking this because i didnt remove the hub nut and still i have managed to pop this off, is this broke???

thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You should have to inro the nut to remove the driveshaft from the hub to be able to replace the outer boost.
The cv joint is retained on the driveshaft by a circlip that sits in a groove, in theory you I don't see why this couldn't come out if everything else was undone bar the driveshaft nut. But when it's altogether as it should be, it shouldn't be able to come out.

Which one did you pop off? offside/near side/ inner/outer?

ki_saj_ng

drivers side at the hub.

it was when i was removing the engine, was struggling to get it off at the engine but then all of a sudden this side just came loose and popped out by itself :?

made my life easier at the time but its just come to me now that im sure that shouldnt have happened.

its possible that the other side is also loose, it hasnt come off yet but theres alot of movement in the cv boot.

thanks

Nad

Im not sure about motorfactors but I have yet to see a better sealing system than the standard Nissan one, and I have been through a lot of CV boots and know a good one when I see one, but £26!!! No wonder when I asked for all 8 the price was so high!

Nad

ki_saj_ng

iv double checked the car and it seems that both sides at the hubs are disconnected and i have not removed the hub nuts :shock:

what to do???

ki_saj_ng

no, im saying that the driveshaft has come off from the hub.

the cv boots are on the hubs but the ends of the driveshafts i can see :shock: :D

and i havent taken the hub nuts off!