new car

steven_c

just bought my first r.. love it to bits been wanting this for ages

Right the problems i am accuring are the speedo in in km and only goes up to 180kph and where i can change this?

Also am i right in saying the pulsar's that are import are some times re-stricted? if so how do i get that off? seems under powered at the moment, also when i bought the car the guy said, the fans dont cut in on it, is there any know problems with the heat going up really fast?

he also said he's had it checked out to see if the head gasket was blown,
not blow..

also will need the speed changing,

J

jasegould

You need to buy a derestrictor/speedo convertor...as far as I know they are the same thing.
Its a little black box that wires in behind the dash, will convert the speedo to MPH and dersitrict it...the easiest way to find out if it is restricted is to try ang drive at over 116 (?) mph ( on a private road :wink: ). If you cant, then its restricted

JIMMYBACK

the restricter will kick in at more than 112 when u hit that point the car will jerk n seems to cut out :shock:

chrisniss91

If the fans dont cut in then i suggest you get that sorted quicly as poss. Mine didnt cut in the day i bought the car and it overheated and steam/smoke started coming from the bonnet, all water drained all because of a fuse :?

steven_c

going to check this asap before i put this on the road, bought it to sort it first put it to my standard so i know everything's alright....

J

jaygtir

yeah, i agree about getting the fans sorted, especially now that its summer. you can't even go a mile without the cooling system working its magic :shock:

even without the fan problem, these little sods get pretty hot and if its got the standard top moint interwarmer :wink: , it will only cause serious problems.

good luck fella
:D

steven_c

yeh it has the interwarmer on it.. thats soon coming off, getting a front mounted one asap.. before i start anything...

O

olidaviesuk

id be more concerned with getting the rest of the problems on the R fixed first (especially the rad fans) ive been running a 300hp R (with topmount ic) with a minimum of heatsoak related problems for well over 3 years now. Many people seem to think that a front mounted ic is the cure to all performance / heat related evils but in reality will only help those going for hp over 280 - 300+ .

Get your R setup well and running 100% by someone who really knows what they are doing then go for the mods! trust me you'll benifit £$£$£ for it in the long run :D

I seem to recall someone running 1.5 bar and 390 bhp on the standard ic (but how long it lasted ? :? )