new clutch

mohsan

have had a new clutch fitted,from standard fitted a helix organic clutch. I find moving of in first and reversing you get this judering,at beggining the car will just jump n stall. Is this normal when having a new clutch?
How long to wear it in? What does wearing in require?

O

Odin

Did you have the flywheel skimmed before your fitted the new clucth? as this can cause problems with juddering, Also did you go for a paddle or organic plate?..... As for runing in the clutch I give it a couple of hundred mile's myself just to get it bedded in nice :wink: .

rob

J

J-GTi-R

With the Helix, unless you're healthy with the throttle, it will judder no matter what. Bit of a pain in traffic, but much better than getting clutch slip on hard launches.

B

Brett G

Mine does it, you just get used to it :wink: There is a nack that u have to learn just to stop all of your interior from rattling to peices!! :shock:

turblio

Well some time back I spent a long time talking with Terry from Helix
we worked out between us what was a good compromise for an uprated
organic clutch, I had the first one and it suffered from judder bad so after
a discusssion he suggested selecting second once the car was rolling and then revving the engine to 3500rpm and letting the clutch slip a little for a couple of seconds after doing this 2 or 3 times it was fine :)
Frank

J

jiw

I too have an ap organic friction plate, im using a chrome hks pressure plate and i get a juddery rumble in reverse, i guess its just one of them things
:roll: