New exhaust = New problem! HELP!

snoon

Alright all,

Had a full stainless from tubby all the way back yesterday fitted at Custom Pipes in Doncaster.

Sounds awsome, really happy with it.

The problem is that I now have a red light on dash, it looks like a picture of a hot engine. Twice yesterday when the engine warmed up, it had no power at all, as if it had gone into a limp mode or something. Turned it off, got out, locked it up, got back in, started it, worked fine again? The light is always on (since having exhaust fitted) not just when running hot.

I think the problem is that in the middle of the old exhaust there was some kind of sensor that was wired to car. Obviously the new exhaust doesn't have one of these sensors. Is this the problem?

Can I buy something to plug in where the sensor was to send some kind of dummy signal?

All help appreciated!!!

Shaun

snoon

Cheers for that mate.

If it was only the light that had come on I'd be well happy, but twice yesterday it went into safe mode and had no power.

I'll try looking to disconnect it under carpert.

Mr GTiR

I think the way it works is if the cat temp sensor detects that the exhaust gases are getting too hot it put the car into safe mode so you don’t do any damage to your cat. Just plug it from under your seat and it will be fine.