new here!!

R

richsunny

hello everyone! i am completely new on here just got membership validated...i am thinking of stepping up to one of these cars from my current ride but am not sure whether i am doing the right thing as i have never ever been in or driven a pulsar. my current car is a 190bhp(at the wheels) starlet glanza turbo and its pretty fast..eats civic type r's and clio 172's for breakfast. i would like to make it 250-300hp but it already suffers from traction problems on boost so it will only get worse! ive seen picsof pulsars and seen sum like over 400hp and they got 4wd so gta be better puttin power down on the road so sum1 tell me what they are like to drive...impress me :-D how will they compare to the glanza??

gtirneil

Welcome pal, as chunk said, stick to lowish power if you havn't got deep pockets and it will last a good while.

What sort of budget would you be looking at ??

davey red.r

welcome mate;-)
as rob says your pockets will have to be deep,deeper from 300 to 400bhp.
try to pay a bit more, and get a one ,that has recent rebuilt box, engine, keep it around 300bhp,and you should be fine,il add that these are a modding addiction,is in my case anyway.
good luck.
davey

R

richsunny

glanza

thanks for the comments lads, and yeh i wud like one around 300bhp my budget wud b around the 5000mark after ive sold my glanza (if i decide to)...and yeh my glanza got traction problems mate lol it basically is a little animal lol gta be honest never ceases to put a smile on my face, but flooring in 1st gear is big wheelspin, and 2nd gear is quite a bit too, 3rd is when it rly cums alive 8) im running 1 bar on a hybrid ct9 turbo neva had it dyno'd but shud be round bout 180-190 at wheels, it easily beats a lot of bigger engined more expensive cars.

davey red.r

richsunny said:
thanks for the comments lads, and yeh i wud like one around 300bhp my budget wud b around the 5000mark after ive sold my glanza (if i decide to)...and yeh my glanza got traction problems mate lol it basically is a little animal lol gta be honest never ceases to put a smile on my face, but flooring in 1st gear is big wheelspin, and 2nd gear is quite a bit too, 3rd is when it rly cums alive 8) im running 1 bar on a hybrid ct9 turbo neva had it dyno'd but shud be round bout 180-190 at wheels, it easily beats a lot of bigger engined more expensive cars.
id prob sell you mine for that:cry: wanted 5.5k,
hks forged internals,quaiffe box,both low mileage 5k eng 5k box hispec gold billet 4pots. gabs, sorted ready to go.

davey;-)

karting

richsunny said:
rich, small fwd turbo'd cars are the nuts, i know as i own a 198bhp (16psi) / 223bhp (21psi) fiat punto turbo. They are just pure grin factor o nthe way they piss all over much more expensive cars.

Im also now looking into buying a pulsar

gunmetalgtir

Alright mate and welcome! :thumsbup:

My pal has a Glanza running about 170bhp, I used destroy him in my Pulsar when it was running about 260bhp! ;) Thats from standing starts or rolling starts or blasts in 2nd, 3rd etc gear!

CARLGTIR

Yeh my friend has a Starlet GTT and its nothing at all on the pulsar! When mine was 300bhp it could beat 80 - 90% of cars on the road! Scooby, evo's and astons! That is 1 of the reasons I like the Gti-r so much..

NU773R

i had a fiesta rs turbo and that was fun as hell but the pulsar is so much better in every way

where about are you in the world?? you never know someone may live close to you and can take you for a little spin in their R :)

btw welcome to the club

GTi-R23

I still run a 165bhp Punto GT alongside my R, never had much to do with Starlet/Glanzas though, keep seeing loads around and my mrs always mistakes them for R's :doh:
Traction is the big factor, Punto spins up in the wet in 3rd easily, but the R just will not break traction (300bhp), you could get a really nice example for 5K mate, but as others have said, you'll need deep pockets if you plan on going for big power and allow budget for maintenance and higher insurance premium and fuel costs as they are thirsty machines.

snoon

spend your 5k on a decnt R that has already broken and been fixed by a dedicated member!

You can't knock Glanza's though - my mates runs at 280BHP proven on dyno dynamics RR. Its a right weapon. No-one knows what they are and he regularly wipes smiles of fast car owners faces.

Not me though!!!! My R is plenty faster.

gunmetalgtir

snoon said:
spend your 5k on a decnt R that has already broken and been fixed by a dedicated member!
Just beacuse it's been broken and fixed doesn't mean that it's going to be any good! If the cars been taken care of then it shouldn't need a rebuild!;) Until the millege gets stupidly high!

karting

GTi-R23 said:
I still run a 165bhp Punto GT alongside my R, never had much to do with Starlet/Glanzas though, keep seeing loads around and my mrs always mistakes them for R's :doh:
Traction is the big factor, Punto spins up in the wet in 3rd easily, but the R just will not break traction (300bhp), you could get a really nice example for 5K mate, but as others have said, you'll need deep pockets if you plan on going for big power and allow budget for maintenance and higher insurance premium and fuel costs as they are thirsty machines.
try running a 200+ bhp punto and then you will really know about spinning in 3rd gear even in the dry!

davey red.r

snoon said:

You can't knock Glanza's though - my mates runs at 280BHP proven on dyno dynamics RR. Its a right weapon. No-one knows what they are and he regularly wipes smiles of fast car owners faces.

Not me though!!!! My R is plenty faster.
thats me:lol:
might add that my car, will be fully sorted ,ready to go running excellent.
wouldnt let my r go otherwise.

davey

Last edited:
A

alana

I agree, Davey's car would be a great buy as it's had everything done, Only problem is you would have to get rid of that "Old man smell":lol:

davey red.r

alana said:
I agree, Davey's car would be a great buy as it's had everything done, Only problem is you would have to get rid of that "Old man smell":lol:
:lol: yes and the pi** staines on my drivers seat:oops: :lol:

GTi-R23

karting said:
try running a 200+ bhp punto and then you will really know about spinning in 3rd gear even in the dry!
I can imagine mate, what mods you running to get that power? Full hybrid set-up?
Mine wouldn't last 5 minutes at the boost needed to make 200bhp, it feels highly strung at 19psi