new owner

G

gordo

hi folk i just bought my first pulsar on tuesday so wondering if you guys could help me out with a couple of things.
could you tell me where i can find out the valve clearances as i need to get the shims done on it? also the boost very good but between about 5500rpm 7000rpm it seems quite flat its the same in every gear. the car has a full magnex system, front mount, an induction kit and manual boost controller. i was wondering if it could be needing an uprated fuel pump? i am used to running and modding gt4's so need to start learning about this now. so i would be very greatful for any help.

thanks

What boost are you running? An uprated fuel pump is the first thing that should be changed before upping the boost really - get a Walbro 255lph pump - plenty on Ebay.

G

gordo

i thought that. its ment to be runnig 16psi. only have the standard gauge just now tho. new ones in the post. yeah ave been watching them. do you need to drop the tank to fit it?

thanks

warringtonjack

As far as I know its a simple pull the old one out and put the new one in jobbie. You'll prob be best off using the original pick-up feed from the old pump, as this will drop lower in the tank, and hopefully help you avoid fuel surge on low fuel. ;)

Hope that helps.

G

gordo

thanks very much new pump is on its way. excellent was hoping that i could do it that way the celica i had to remove the tank. nightmare.

Matty B

speak to pulsarboby about your shims pal, he did mine for me. He knows just about everything about R's

G

gordo

the guy that has bought my rx7 is going to do them for £40 he has done them before as is a mechanic and works on jap cars all the time. i just need to find out valve clearance so he can work out the size of shims i need to get.

N

nellypayton

i have always been a big fan of the GT4 but when it came down to it the pulsar was the one for me again the pulsar is quicker and can be reliable IF you look after it.8)

G

gordo

al try and get some pictures of it today.

not sure yet been scared to push it on to corners. it doesnt seem as quick as the gt4 yet :).