New Windscreen Glass

recaro18

Hello, im currently shoping around for a new front windscreen as the crack on mine is starting to spreat alot now.
I rang auto glass and they asked me what tint i would like on the windscreen either blue or bronze? and what colour tint i would like on my sun visor, agian, blue or bronze?

What colour tints does the R have standard?

And also could anyone give any advise on which company to go with which may be the cheapest and even come to your door? i havent got windscreen cover so im forking out all the cash for this so any saving would be helpful.

thanks, Richard

mattygti-r

gtirs come with a top tint on the screen (its actually brown) , to obtain a genuine one is £900+vat from Nissan

there are other import companies that can get the screen, when i had my pulsar few years back they quoted me around £600

now it makes fck all difference to have the tint.

i got one from national windowscreens for £120 all in fitted.

its the same screen as one of the small nissan vans / standard sunny 1.4 etc

so bascially around £120ish is what you should be paying

recaro18

national windscreens just quoted me £169 inc fitting and callout, for a sunny 1.4 3dr hatchback because they couldnt find the pulsar.

And Rac quoted me £153 fitted in there garage which is local to me!

Seems a bit steep tbh, how did you blag £120 out of them lol?

Richard

mattygti-r

mine was done 2.5 years ago, not owned a Pulsar for a little while now

seroiusly though, its a window, yes its not the cheapest of things but its only £150 odd , buy one from nissan if you want ;)

recaro18

I reckon i may just give nissan a miss! but RAC looks the cheapes quote ive had, looks like im gunna have to pay out!

Richard

recaro18

Also does anyone know which tint is best to go for, this is for the whole windscreen not the sun shield, either blue or bronze? and does the standard one have a tint on it?

Richard

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
mattygti-r said:
gtirs come with a top tint on the screen (its actually brown) , to obtain a genuine one is £900+vat from Nissan

there are other import companies that can get the screen, when i had my pulsar few years back they quoted me around £600

now it makes fck all difference to have the tint.

i got one from national windowscreens for £120 all in fitted.

its the same screen as one of the small nissan vans / standard sunny 1.4 etc

so bascially around £120ish is what you should be paying
I would have thought that with all your superior first hand knowledge you'd have known it's a broze top tint :lol:

Richard, why are you shelling out full price for a screen, thats what insurance is for ?

I had my standard one replaced a few years ago by Autoglass (just happened to be who my insurance use) with a bronze top tint, just cost me my access of £50, then last year it cracked from top to bottom whilst I was washing it and poured cold water on it :shock: , I contacted my insurance and got a call from Autoglass later that day asking if I could wait a couple of days for the screen as they had to bring a bronze in from another branch.

I would imagine it's more a case of the national windowscreens can't be bothered to special order something and they try putting you off by telling you a bronze cost a fortune.

recaro18

I understand its a bronze top tint now, not that i ever noticed. But they also ask about the tint of the windscreen glass itself, i mean the whole glass not just the top tint, so did the RAC. so what should i go for, Bronze or blue?

Also may be shelling out for a full price screen as im third party and dont think it was included in my insurance unless it comes standard?

Richard

P

Pete

thats what i was just about to say steve doesnt your insurance cover your windscreen think when i had mine done i had to pay the first £60 throw my insurance

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
recaro18 said:
I understand its a bronze top tint now, not that i ever noticed. But they also ask about the tint of the windscreen glass itself, i mean the whole glass not just the top tint, so did the RAC. so what should i go for, Bronze or blue?

Also may be shelling out for a full price screen as im third party and dont think it was included in my insurance unless it comes standard?

Richard
The OEM glass is a bronze tint all over but the windscreen has a darker bronze top tint as well. So you should ask for a bronze/bronze. I would also check your insurance.

recaro18

will defo check insurance then when there open and that should save a bit of money and thanks guys for the info, cheers.

Richard