NEWBIE from OZ

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Im highly interested purchasing a GTiR and I need your advice on how to modify at a minimal money spent..

I have owned S14, so I know a little bit about the SR20's... my mate's a personal importer and he gave me a few choices. Basically i wanted to stay in the NISSAN family.

My old S14:
178kw @ wheels on 18psi.
FMIC
full zorst
S15 turbo
Apexi 550cc
Fuel Reg
GTR fuel pump
Piggy back computer
Platinuim plugs
Button clutch
Cold Air Intake
Pod Filter
EBC.

I fell in love with the GTiR's when one of my mate's mate had one and took me for a spin. Now i know why they call them Baby Godzilla. It impressed me so much and i wanted one soon. I sold my S14 last year due to a purchase a property. Driving still a Nissan Pulsar Q 2003 and wanting to go for the GTiR. Basically i need your opinion on what are the pro's and con's on having a GTiR.

Cheers
Paul

im from Sydney

Moved to tuning & upgrades

paz

Pro's - without a doubt they put a smile on your face, are brilliant fun to drive and will beat pretty much anything on the road from a standing start even as standard. One off body styling - which you either love or hate, that bonnet nostril 8) Easy to tune, 280-290bhp is acheivable from a 50p bleed valve - obviously not the route I'd go, some form of controller, be it Emanage or an SAFC and boost controller is what I'd do. Pretty easy to tune to 350ish BHP with a turbo swap, higher power is acheivable (again reasonably easily) with a rebuild - although that starts to cost big bucks.

Con's - Not the greatest handling, pretty much anything jap and 4x4 handles better (although can be tweaked with whiteline handling kits etc), oldish now and known for being not so reliable, but pretty much bulletproof if looked after, shite gearboxes, shite standard clutches (although that can be fixed reasonbly cheaply and simply), noisy, crap interior.

Think thats all for now.... oh and welcome fella :)

Paz

JIMMYBACK

go buy one cos at the mo prices are not wot they was :shock: :shock: for about 6k u will get a fouking monstar :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

BenD

JIMMYBACK B said:
go buy one cos at the mo prices are not wot they was :shock: :shock: for about 6k u will get a sodding monstar :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
you moron jimmy!! he's in Australia! different prices over there :lol: