Newbury / Swindon / Wantage

Z

zach72

Hi to you all - I'm a the proud (and slightly apprehensive) new owner of a modded pulsar. Running 317BHP with all the electric boxes to match....

Does anyone know of any tuners / mechanics in the area who are "qualified" to work on the car? Appreciate any reccomendations.....

Also, could do with some advice on a quiet back box...the car has an HKS down pipe, HKS Cat by pass and a powerflow back box....but it's gonna be too loud for the neighbours. Can I make it quiter just by replacing the back box? Any ideas of something quiet (ish) ?

O

Odin

zach72 said:

Also, could do with some advice on a quiet back box...the car has an HKS down pipe, HKS Cat by pass and a powerflow back box....but it's gonna be too loud for the neighbours. Can I make it quieter just by replacing the back box? Any ideas of something quiet (ish) ?

Well you have the option of Norris performance/Owen Development's, Out of the two I'd go to Owen myself If I had the choice.

As for the exhaust just buy an bung for it or get a custom system made like me ;-) .

Rob

KF79GTIR

Odin said:
Don't what ever you do take your car with in a country mile of those muppets :shock: :evil: :der: .

Rob

You have heard bad things about them then??? My brother used to take hiss 300zx there with no issues?

O

Odin

KF79GTIR said:
You have heard bad things about them then??? My brother used to take hiss 300zx there with no issues?

More fool him :shock: :der: .

Rob

O

Odin

KF79GTIR said:
Come on then spill the beans? Your from that neck of the woods i thought?

I am and I've had dealing with them as have a lot of other unhappy people I know, But I'm not going to bring all that 5hite up again :doh: :cry: .

Do a search ;-)

Rob

Lionel

zach72 said:
Hi to you all - I'm a the proud (and slightly apprehensive) new owner of a modded pulsar. Running 317BHP with all the electric boxes to match....

Does anyone know of any tuners / mechanics in the area who are "qualified" to work on the car? Appreciate any reccomendations.....

Also, could do with some advice on a quiet back box...the car has an HKS down pipe, HKS Cat by pass and a powerflow back box....but it's gonna be too loud for the neighbours. Can I make it quiter just by replacing the back box? Any ideas of something quiet (ish) ?
HI Mate, i have a exhuats for you its a cat back and it not super loud i want £100 just to get shot of it as iv had it for ages.

Zach wereabouts are you? Im just outside Newbury myself 8) Good to have another R locally..

I can think of Horsham Developments (http://www.h-dev.co.uk), they are very close to Newbury. Jez is highly spoken of on here.

Theres also True-Tec performance, but ive not had any dealings with them personally..

Dan

Z

zach72

Lionel, Odin, KF79GTIR vbmenu_register("postmenu_316119", true); , cheers for the help and advice. I used to own a 300zx and use the forum, so I'm familiar with different people having different experiences...always worth knowing though.

Lionel - Ideally I want to leave the HKS front pipe and cat by pass in place, and just replace the back box to keep things quiet. I guess I'll need to measure the OD of the middle section to work out what back boxes will marry up.

Dan- Result! Cheively is sounding pretty good to me...some good open roads out that way too....
The True-Tec web site looks promising too...

Lionel

Zach if the exhaust thats on it now gos across the back of the car then this one will fit and il sell you just the back box,

If your wondering who Ninja Tune Factory is this company is owned by my self and we work on a lot for GTIRs.

Z

zach72

Thanks Lionel I checked your profile and followed the link. Looks like you come reccommened which is always good to see. I'm picking the car up on Friday so I'll get it in the air over the weekend (if I'm not too busy driving it) and take a look I want to see what the brake pipes look like anyway.

Does anyone do something similar to a motorbike exhaust for the GTI-R. I've seen cans on hot MR2s, sevens etc and quiet fancy a motorbike style tickover sound and a scream rather than a roar at higher revs...would I need to get one made specially ?

P

pulsarboby

you wont get a screaming motorbike sound from a bike exhaust style can fitted to a car, simply because bikes will rev to around 13,500rpm! car around 7,500:lol:

Z

zach72

yeah - fair & accurate comment I suppose perhaps the carbon & titanium exhausts I've seen on VTECs don't get quite as close as I remember....will have to do some hunting to see what's around other than the HKS/Powerflow/Mongoose route as I'm trying to be at least semi considerate to the neighbours !
cheers