newby here & jst bought an R

Gaz gtiR

hey peeps im new to the site & all looks good on here :-D
Just perchased a gtiR today the car seems ok apart from a cluncking sound from one of the wheels wen u let the clutch out in 1st?? hoping its a drop link or somthing?? also has slight hesitation when cruising at about 2000 - 3000 rpm?? anyone got any ideas? hope i aint bought a lemon :doh: cheers guys :-D

darkyGTI-R

Just stick with it fella these are old cars and people well previous owners have ragged them silly sometimes,there are plenty of members on here that can help with most things:)

Gaz gtiR

oh ill be sticking with it. only drove it home n F**king loved it. ive had reni 5 turbos in the past & now think its about time to move upwards. lol as soon as ive sorted the above problems the hesitation will most likeky be plugs & leads or a vac leak?? its the knocking wen i let the clutch out thats worrying me. it dousnt sound or feel good :?

ollydj

welcome to the site man!set up a photo bucket account and upload your photos to that. the copy and paste the link to your picture in a post. only took me like two years to learn. My members R thread is shocking lol.

vss irvine

clunking could be a cv joint or a bottom balljoint, youll need to jack it up and check everything for play.

rotor arm, dizzy cap and a set of plugs wont cost that much and may help with the hesitation. if it doesnt you know its not them.

may be worth trying a fault code check