Air/fuel gauge

Hi Spec 4 pots & 325mm Discs
Tein coilover suspension
Nismo front and rear strut braces
Whiteline rear antiroll bar
Bump steer kit
Whiteline heavy duty bushes
Whiteline Antilift kit

On Thor Racings Dyno it produced 287.7 bhp & 251 lbs Torque at the hubs/wheels at 1.2 bar which works out to about 350bhp :twisted: which I was very pleased with, I cannot afford a rebuild right now so my next options are either:

DP Tubular manifold or HKS cams & Verniers 8)

What would you guys go for next???????

L

LexDakarDatsun

crazy,

impressive spec but i didnt notice a clutch ?
ur next mod really depends on wot u want the car for:

track day? midnite st racing? pod runs? etc

few mods id recommned regardless - i had all of these on Neo :twisted: - and she was known to go fairly well :roll: ;)

z32 afm
600/700cc inj.
hks fuel pres regulator
cusco oil breather kit
cusco 4 point lower arm bar

im sure others on here would comment on the dp mainfold - i dont believe that u will see a major chage over standard

id suggest the HKS 264 cams - u dont necessarily need the pulleys :wink:

cheers LexDoriDatsun

C

Crazy

Clutch has been fine, found an old A.P manky receipt and I do not have AP brakes so I think that the previous owner must have upgraded to an AP clutch at some point.

Z32 afm & cusco/Whiteline 4 point lower arm bar are defo on my list

Can the Greddy E-Manage support bigger injectors?? :?:

So the cams do not need the pullies??? WHY??? :?:

GINGA

z32 maf,bigger injectors and more boost (1.4bar) :wink:
and yes the emanage can support larger injectors and z32 maf 8)
Could also do cams but theres some debate as to whether they actually make much difference anyway :? and they don't have to be used with adjustable pullies as their keyed to the standard pullies :wink:

C

Crazy

Thanks for the advice Ginga.

So neither HKS cams or Tubular manifolds............for now :wink:

Z32 maf,bigger injectors and more boost (1.4bar) on standard internals Ginga??????? :?:

A

AZ STE

If you havent yet done the rear Tie bars (bushes) worth doing I could feel the difference when cornering only costs about £50 for the kit from superflex. :wink:

skiddusmarkus

Suspension:

Whiteline bushes-subframe lock kit,and front(4 I think if you have handling kit) and rear bush kit(about 12 I think),Nismo engine mounts,Cusco lower brace.

Engine:

Head polished(not ported)and valves reseated,Tomei cams :wink: -260 duration with one of lower lifts and vernier pulleys.I know people are doubting the HKS but they are longer duration and different lift.Vernier pulleys are slightly lighter than standard too.Forge lightweight engine pulleys,lightened flywheel.Polish inside your exhaust manifold then lag it.New turbo elbow/downpipe(3").

GINGA

Crazy said:
Thanks for the advice Ginga.

So neither HKS cams or Tubular manifolds............for now :wink:

Z32 maf,bigger injectors and more boost (1.4bar) on standard internals Ginga??????? :?:
You've got a good intercooling/cooling setup there so I can't see it being a problem just depends how much you want to push the limits really :wink:

MarkTurbo

GINGA said:
Could also do cams but theres some debate as to whether they actually make much difference anyway :?
Is that the HKS cam's or cams in general :?: Its just i'm thinking about cams for my car so if they dont make that much differance i wont bother :wink:

GINGA said:
and they don't have to be used with adjustable pullies as their keyed to the standard pullies :wink:
I know the standard pulleys fit on them but surely if you fit some different camshafts you would need to use vernier pulleys for them to work effectively :?: Or do they work ok with the standard pulleys?

I'm not that clued up on camshafts so any advice would be helpful :D

C

Crazy

Ginga said
You've got a good intercooling/cooling setup there so I can't see it being a problem just depends how much you want to push the limits really
True 8)

Will have to see if Thor Racing will be willing to set it up at 1.4bar :wink:

Thanks for the tips lads, I am now on the look out for a Z32 AFM & some bigger injectors 8)

GINGA

A few people especially one's with larger turbo's have gone back to standard cams from uprated one's as they felt the car just drove better/nicer (less lag more bottom end response) with the standard cams in, they probably do produce good gains at the top end of the rev range but if its a road car your driving then you probably won't get to use that area that much.
Would be nice to see a before and after dyno graph from fitting cams to see how much difference they have over the entire rev range :?:

Most cams will be keyed to the standard pullies so should work just fine with them, adjustable one's give you the chance to fine tune the settings on a dyno etc but also give you the chance to make things alot worse rather than better :shock: also with the pullies being under the rocker cover and its a fair bit of work to remove/refit it it would be a exspensive and ackward job to optimise them properly.

nismoboy

My personal opinion is there deffinatly worth doing and my hks 264`s are my best mod to date, it made my car feel alot better it just seems to pull alot harder.

MarkTurbo

GINGA said:
Would be nice to see a before and after dyno graph from fitting cams to see how much difference they have over the entire rev range :?:
Yeah, definatly. Anybody got any info on this :?:

I'm still in 2 minds about whether to fit cams or not. I'm not in any hurry to decide though, i can always do it after my engine is back in.

C

Crazy

I am currently running 281-287 (cannot remember exactley :oops: ) at the wheels on Thor-Racings dyno which gives about 350 at the flywheel so I am now planning on changing the injectors as I am a little worried that my standard ones are maxing out. :?

I have been offered a set of Denso 550 injectors for £200 inc delivery, will these be enough for me to run 1.4 bar and are they worth me spending £200 on :?: ?????

Do not want to spend £200 just to find out that these injectors are not big enough :!:

Might have found a Z32 AFM :twisted: