Nissan Almera GTi

J

JeremyGti-r

Just wondering if anyones had experience of these? Notice that you can get a tidy example for £800 these days, thinking for a daily driver. Kind of look like a bigger pulsar and the general impression is that they are pretty reliable.

Any comments would be appreciated!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You need to talk to "AlmeraGTi" - he's got a GTi-R now, but if you ever see the orange and black Almera (or his Pulsar now) in any Autoglyme ads, that's him...

J

JeremyGti-r

Yeah i've been on the Almera forum but just wanted to see what the members on here think cos you seem a balanced bunch...

Only want it for a run-about really not interested in modding it or 24ct gold rocker covers!

Fusion Ed

I like Almeras. I have turbo'ed a few and that makes them seriously good fun. They take the power quite well, don't handle too bad imo, and feel a whole lot more modern than the RNN14....

craiGTi

i've had an almera gti for bout 3 years now, just breaking it however and got myself an n14 bit of a project - not an R, fwd sr20ve'd n14 :)

Anyway, i loved my almera. even as standard it was quick enough, not as quick as a sunny gti which i had before in std form, but nippy. and they handle brilliantly, really well balanced.

Plus with a few mods, coilies especially, they look soo much better and handlings awesome.

mine turned from a daily when i wasn't too fussed about it into being stripped, cammed, lightweight pulleys, 2.5" mandrel system, nismo afpr, etc etc.

and then it was fookin quick. never tracked it, but theres similar almeras on the club forum that have run mid 14 second 1/4s.

so not to be sniffed at. typical nissan thing to watch out for rust but other than that a decent, fun, reliable daily can be had for around £1k or less

looked cool too with right little mods...