no clutch

R

r5ben

hey i posted the other day about my clutch making a noise :oops: well last night i lost it all together ??
the car runs fine and does go in all the gears with the engine turned off but there is no clutch now ?? its just not working what can be the prob ?? :cry:

P

Paul Firth

Sounds like what happened to mine once. The clutch fork had cracked on its pivot point and twisted breaking the release bearing. About £45 from Nissan from what I remember, but it's a clutch out job.

R

r5ben

but it all looked fine and it had a new release baering about 5 weeks ago ?? :twisted:

R

r5ben

the fork looks ok not bent or cracked as far as i can see :eek: theres a little bit of oil on the clutch hose im thinking that could be somethin to do with it ?? the clutch does go in and out but theres not much pull

NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS PROB ASAP M8S !! :cry:

with the car not moving it means it needs to sit on the street over the weekend and its full of smack heads round where i live so i need to sort it fast or ill have a massive repair bill and no cd player :?

thanks for any help :)

P

Paul Firth

You need someone to press the pedal while you watch the clutch fork moving, then you'll see whether it's the fork twisting or, if you're lucky, the slave cylinder isn't pushing it far enough. Changing the clutch pipe is a 20 minute job including tea breaks if it's that that is leaking.

R

r5ben

where do i get the hose from ??? it feels as the clutch is working but not as much as it should be theres oil in the clutch rez but its down to min :?

T

Toady

your slave cylinder might have a leak if the fluid is low. more likely that than the hose itself. just top up the fluid and try that to get you off the pikey streets! :lol:

R

r5ben

anyone know where i can get the parts from will it be a nissan part only ?? do i need part numbers ?
any help :shock:

mattygti-r

bleed it and start again go from there :)

ben youve PM Mate and would appreciate a reply

we both have clutch problems! :cry: