No power

dal.a

My r seems to be gutless its boosting alright but dont seem to be going anywhere it also hesitates from idle when i go to pull away i think theyare part of the same problem any ideas anyone? :(

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You might need to check the ignition timing and cam timing.
Are you useing alot of fuel? It might be over fuelling.
or even under fuelling. :?
Is the clutch slipping :oops:

dal.a

It is using alot of fuel and the revs are high,i re-grounded the MAF last nite but no difference.It feels like an air leak but i cant find one.And clutch is new.I'll check timing next.cheers

jameswrx2

As fast guy says, get the timing checked!. One of my R's done exactly this sometimes, would make boost but feel like it was towing something and done it from pull away at idle too. Turned out timing was well out.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it using alot of fuel the it could be the lambda sensor (or still the afm) Both of those would kill power with alot of fuel.

dal.a

Fixed it :lol: .AFM was dead and a broken wire on the throttle position sensor.Done a fault check and came up with answers.

A

Anonymous

Sounds familiar! Is the afm the air flow meter btw? Did you replace it or get a second hand one, as i see they're pricey? Mine came up with a faulty flow meter on the diagnostic check, but am going to look for a second hand one first.

dal.a

Yeah,Air Flow Meter got a second hand one for £50 i just rang round all the jap breakers and got it posted .cheap as chips.