Noise

Geo3

Hi guys i took my R today for its first mot since putting it back together with new turbo gt3071r. I had same turbo before but killed it. (oversped it) I have fitted new turbo exactley the same, standard boost gauge doesnt measure boost but my digital boost controller does.

My concern is i dont seem to have compressor flutter noise. I dont have a dv and doesnt seem to be boosting possibly?? Sounds like an excessive wind noise....

Any ideas suggestions

shroom

Does it feel different? Obviously with a 3071 ur gonna have some power running through her, does the electronic boost guage read correctly? Just cast ur eye over the pipes etc in the engine bay easy to miss one when putting back

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've got a standard turbo, and you can hear an "excessive wind noise" as the boost builds - I'm proud that you can hear it over the exhaust, so I say don't worry about it.

RE the boost gauge; have you reconnected it? - It's mounted in the N/S fender behind the air filter etc. Obviously if you haven't, it won't read anything.

Geo3

I may have removed it thinkin i did not need it! I never had this noise before and it sounds really weird!!!!!
From what i can read whilst driving the boost controller gauge reads what it should

bernieGTIR

the only thing i can think of is a boost leak. dubble check all the hose conections, all so have a look where the down pipe conects to the turbo as a zorst leak my sound like this all so.

hope this helps Paul :-D

Geo3

may have produced this fault not sure! i have fitted boost controller but not set it up or done adjusted it at all. Actuator was plumbed up to the inlet before on old turbo.
What do you guys think.....