Nology Hotwires, Fab or Fad?

S

Sirnixalot

leads/wires same thing yeah

they are great to start off with but their performance degrades alot over time.

Its not worth the $120 a set when you consider you can get some perfectly well NGK or Nissan wires/leads for half that and be just as well if not better off

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I first heard of them in Fast Car in the days before max power when it was a semi technical magazine, late 80s maybe :?: They seemed to do well on yank v8s but didn't realy see them tested on anything else.

A

Anonymous

i've finally figured out what the title to this post means :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Glad that got cleared up, i thought we were talking about old hotwire alloy wheels that were popular in the 70's.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Fad, a get a new set of NGK or Nissan leads and save your money. Have tried aftermarket ones before. Improvement at first but worse noise suppresion. After 1 year, one of the connectors had rotted and was replaced with the old original lead that had been on the car for 8 years previously.

You get more benefits on old yank cars and Fords/vauxhalls etc because they had rubbish leads in the first place. Japanese stuff has been adequate for a long time.

Most people change leads and plugs at the same time too so its even more difficult to tell what improvement there is/was.