nos octane booster?

S

str_motorsport

hi, does anybody has tried the nos octane booster on their gti-r?they claim a + 7 octane point.
where can i buy it in the uk?

S

si.c R

Yeap i have used it a few times. I found the car ran really well with it in. I have tried quite alot of different octane boosters and found that one to be the best. Was very suprised at how much of a difference it made :)
I used to get it from scoobyscene but apparantly they no longer sell it. Not too sure where else you can get hold of it. If you get any joy finding somewhere that sells it please post on here as i am still looking.
Cheers

Do these octane boosters actually make any difference unless the car has been specifically set up to run on higher octane fuel than what you get from the pump? I've tried a few but never noticed any difference, in fact one I tried in the R made it slower if anything.

J

J-GTi-R

I've tried both the Wynns and Millers stuff and while they don't exactly transform the car, they do make the car feel a little more responsive.

S

str_motorsport

i have got a jap spec chip to my gti-r and timing is a bit high, even for 98 octane fuel.just would like to see if by adding a good octane booster i can prevent pinking.
i have tried a few, including the bardhal racing formula.this one works good, but wery expensive!!have heard that NOS and JUSTICE BROTHERS octane booster are wery good.
i will probably buy them in the usa....
will let you know if you are intrested

S

si.c R

Sorry i didnt read the post properly :oops: I havent used Nos Octane booster the one i was thinking of was NF octane booster which i found very good. :)