now that i have found a pulsar

allsmiles

i should be having a white one on my drive this time next week as i travelled to hemel hemstead today and agreed with this chap a part chop of my 205 gti and a sum just over 2k, paint work isnt great but it was solid and all the paperwork added up and, engine seemed to run fine with no obvious smoking, slight hesitantcy(very slight) when booting it sometimes but i personally think it is due a tune to rectify it

so anyways when i have the car delivered i will be booking it in for a full service and tune up, can anyone recommend somewhere good to have this done, im in the midlands, thanks

o and i will be becoming a full member as soon as i take delivery of the car

A

another sunny

Dont want to put a downer on it mate but your gti will be hard to beat. I have had loads of gti's a GT4, and now 2 GTIR's and the best car i had for "pound per smile" was my 1988 1.9 gti. It would keep up with a Cossie around the twisty stuff and only cost £350. You will miss your Pug mate, The best handling car i have had so far!

Fire & skill

Vintage member
well my pug 1.9 was sh1t slow - i really dont get what all the fuss is about with them :noidea:

as for the GT4 - was it an ST185 you had?

creedy

all depends how big ur balls are... u can make the pulsar alot better than a crappy old pug :lol:

Tony-turbo

ive got a 309 gti 1.9 and its a right laugh, especially for the money it cost.

Superchip, full stainless, 4 branch, big brakes, spax... great little car.

Wont touch the pulsar but still a fun back road car, and will show up ALOT of other cars.

Tony.

allsmiles

thanks for the replies guys, yes i know i will miss the 205 but it had to go to make way for the pulsar

the 205 is such a cracking drive, so direct and responsive, depends on how confident u are really and when i get behind the wheel of it, it feels me and the car are as 1 lol! they maybe slow but when u get up to around 60+ on the lanes it is an absolute pleasure :-D

N

norshus

My last car was a Pug 205 1.9 Mi6 Conversion.

this was pushing out a smidgen over 200bhp and belive me it was fast untill i rolled it into a field :-(

Now i have my R ive found it to be a better car for going crazy thanks to the 4x4....