o.s and standard box

zia

getting fustrated by waiting for my box . so am debating the unthinkable :twisted: fitting my spare engine with os giken with standard box any one else running with standard box? we all know of what happened with other member cars with quiaffe and os giken combo. i will only be using for normal driving. no launching at all,
:wink: it's just to get the engine in mapped etc. as for the wait i could have my box ( and that big if) in perhaps 3/4 weeks? what your thought's should or shouldn,t.

zia

ashills

just do it mate theres een alot of bad press about the OS etc but if i was doing it again id run standard mounts to give abit of flex in the setp as i think that may well cause alot of trouble

if ur driving carefully then i dont think u should worry get it in there and get it mapped

pete-r

sorry zia ,just read your question properly.not using the os,im using rps with standard box :oops:

ex-gtir

like alan said go for standard mounts as have had 2cars in lately 2 failed quaiffes and one standard box both running os clutchs :shock:

Nad

Whats been failing on the boxes? How would standard mounts stop the failure?

Nad

paz

My car ran an OS twin plate for a while before I got it on a standard box, apparently everything was ok, but the standard selector fork didn't like it much and bent :lol:

Paz

zia

Whats been failing on the boxes? How would standard mounts stop the failure?
apposing forces like mike and alan suspect, causing the box to fail, worn,t defo be fitting the mounts.if the cause had been the os then wouldn,t you have damage on the input shaft snapping? or teeth stripping? due to shock when the clutch bit?

zia

S

stuart rawlinson

Zia

Ran mine 4 about 6 months OS standard it striped the main spline and done some other stuff

stu

ex-gtir

people dont press the mount in properly as they are eccentric and have to be lined up exactly or everthing is pulled about and streched
nad its blowing out the end off case like dee1 did

Nad

So if the mounts are lined up properly would this stop the problem?? What is it on the OSG that is actually causing this? I can understand stripping the input shaft due to clamping forces but how is it blowing the end of the box out.

Oh and Zia, can u retype ur post so its readable, u been on the beers again ;)

Nad

ashills

i had 2 nismo mounts on min when it went and they were done exactly as old ones came out( mine was a different prolem thought IMO as it was more to do with heat issues of some sort) i think some of the trouble is that with the nismo mounts, a twin plate with no give and grippy tyres theres no where for all the shock to be taken accept for in the casings etc so thats whee u get BANG and it all goes wrong and lots of oil on the floor

N

Nelson

Ive had an OS Giken twin plate and standard box since the middle of september last year, not had any problems yet.

I'm only kicking out about 330bhp and dont do many proper launches though :oops: