oh sh1t

rossdj1983

ive just had the pleaure of stripping the turbo oil feed thread on the block of my r:doh: :doh: :doh: ive tapped it out to accept a bigger banjo, however im a bit worried that any swarf could of got down the hole, i did duct tape a brake hose on to the end of my dyson to try and suck it out but i dont know if i got it all. anyone got any tips? god do i wiish alloy was magnetic

O

Odin

I can't see how you could tap a new thread with out getting swarf in the block, It's a case of take a chance or strip the engine down you may get lucky who knows.

But don't be suprised if it goes t1ts up.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

crank it over without pipe connected to block, which will pump oil out and hopefully any swarfe with it!

stumo

well you could put your jug of scrumpy down and use the wet end of the piece of straw that was in your mouth to pick out the bits of aluminium. Ooooarrrrrr

P

pulsarboby

why not do what i said earlier, crank it over with the pipe from block aimed at a bucket, all the swarfe will come out with the oil, as the feed is directed to the turbo, why would you want to strip it down:?

rossdj1983

cause after spending over 5k on my engine and turbo theres no way im gonna risk putting swarf through it. if it was standard i probably would do as you say mate