oil change. centre dif. drain plug stuck.

S

swawuk

Right i'm changing dif oils and gearbox oil. Ive already done the rear dif, went fine. Doing the gearbox oil at this moment, not much came out, i'm just searching for how much to put in. My problem is the centre dif. I cant get the drain plug out at all. I got the refil plug out, stuck a screwdriver down the hole and there was no oil on it when i pulled it out.

Does that mean it empty? or does the oil sit in a different place than beneath the drain plug?

Quick help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Keira

the centre diff is a sealed viscous unit inside the gearbox, do you mean the transfer box ?

S

swawuk

yeah sorry i do mean the transfer box. Being the one where the refil plug is got to in the engine bay.

Cheers

Steve

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
swawuk said:
or does the oil sit in a different place than beneath the drain plug?

Steve
If the oil is beneath the drain plug, that means it's sitting on your garage floor.:p

S

swawuk

I'll take it from that reply that it is empty then.:doh: Think i'll put a drop or two in it then.....

I searched on here but couldn't find how much the gearbox holds, I found from another source that it should be 4.1 litres. does this sound right?

Cheers

Steve

DanDud

Yeah just fill them up till the fluid starts coming out of the hole your filling it up through then put the plug back in.