oil change

mohsan

when should the engine oil and gear box oil/transfer box/ rear diff,be changed. i would of thought engine oil every 6k
but what about the gear box oil?

stugtir

engine oil every 3k make sure u use a good quality oil,

silkolene 10w-50
mobil 1 15w-50

in my opinion these are the best to use as they are proper synthentic oils.

as for gearbox/transfer and diff oil i change it once a year, it can get expensive but it gives u a bit more peice of mind when ur thrapping it down the twisties! :D

T

Tart

I change all oils every 6 months (bout 6K) but I do the engine oil every 2 months...... well lubed is best.... :wink:

youngsyp

I have been well imformed by our resident, friendly Oilman that, it is a myth that the engine oil needs changing every 3-3.5 k. He advises that with modern synthetic oils, you only need to change them at 6k+ intervals :wink:

As for the gearbox, transfer case and rear diff oils, I would tend to agree with changing them every year.

Cheers

Paul

T

Tart

youngsyp said:
I have been well imformed by our resident, friendly Oilman that, it is a myth that the engine oil needs changing every 3-3.5 k. He advises that with modern synthetic oils, you only need to change them at 6k+ intervals :wink:
yeah but he hasn't seen how I drive :oops:

B

Brett G

Hey mohsan keep on top of the engine oil changes because you really don't want to learn the hard way like i did! :shock:
Make sure its the right oil and you change it regularly, every 3k is not excesive! :wink:

Brett