Oil Leak from Inlet line on Turbo

N

neomccollum

OK, So I recently blew the stock turbo... swapped in a GT28R, everything was fine for about a week, then after one night of hard driving I noticed some oil smoke, not coming from exhaust. Took it to my trusty mechanic he said it was leaking from the Inlet fitting on the turbo. I left the car with him overnight so he could work on it when it was cold... He said he was able to fabricate a special 12mm wrench to squeze in there.... and he said he got it turned about a 1/4 turn more.... I picked up the car drove it 40 km and in that distance it lost 2 Litres of oil!!!! It's leaking even worse! I would really appreciate some suggestions as to how I tackle this leak. Did the mechanic forget some washer in there? or is it just a screw in fitting? I don't know how it fits together....

O

Odin

The standard fitting just screws in matey, Sounds to me like it could be cross threaded.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

yeah possibly cross threaded. there a booger to get at, and its quicker to remove the turbo and do it tbh.
when you put it back use some ptfe plumbers tape on the thread.

N

neomccollum

will the plumbers tape take the heat ??? it get's pretty hot there......???

P

pulsarboby

well my turbos removed from the block again and its fine it just seals the thread!