oil pump and ecu Q's

sypher

Hi all, a few Q's

can anyone give me info on ecu compatibilities between J reg' and K reg' cars/engines, i can't find any info on the pdf manual ( unless overlooked )

its been a year since engine stripped and i can't remember if the oil pick up pipe has a gasket between it and the pump, the manual shows nothing just " O ring" on SR20DE engine!!

would really like ecu info if poss'

Regards, Stu..,

Keira

stu, cant find any mention of different ecus in the manuals and the oil pick up, if it leaks oil aint going anywhere you wouldn't want it to :wink:

J

jiw

it has an O-ring and thats it, if you dont fit the O-rings you probably wont get the suction required at higher RPM which will result in oil starvation

ex-gtir

deisel weasel said:
stu, cant find any mention of different ecus in the manuals and the oil pick up, if it leaks oil aint going anywhere you wouldn't want it to :wink:
kieron you idiot if the pickup doent seal it will draw air and the pump will cavitate like a b1tch

J

jiw

ex-gtir said:
deisel weasel said:
kieron you idiot if the pickup doent seal it will draw air and the pump will cavitate like a b1tch
Mike, go round when the numpty starts to assemble his new engine :lol:

sypher

LOL, yeah I don't remember removing a gasket and the manual does NOT show any seal / gasket are they just two machined surfaces?

there is no grove / locator for an O ring to fit into either portion. On the pump there is a resedue mark on the pick up that is the silohete of the pump.

Stu...

Keira

im on about the fact there isnt a gasket or any sealer you f*cking retards, and he's already said theres an o-ring :roll:

now f*ck off :wink: :lol: :lol:

ex-gtir

deisel weasel said:
im on about the fact there isnt a gasket you f*cking retards..

there is only an o-ring, the o-ring is the seal, and thats that, theres is no gasket, maybe i should've replied in such an abrupt manner the first time round so you mongs would've understood thats what i meant in the first place :wink:

now f*ck off :wink: :lol: :lol:
retard you never ment that you realised you made a dumb statement :wink: :lol: