Oil separator bottom pipe/hose

youngsyp

Chaps,

Does the hose/pipe that goes out of the bottom of the OE oil separator, go directly into the sump ?

I ask as when I had the oil changed last, they put in too much so, I was going to stick a hose down the pipe mentioned above and syphon some oil out.

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Chaps,

Does the hose/pipe that goes out of the bottom of the OE oil separator, go directly into the sump ?

I ask as when I had the oil changed last, they put in too much so, I was going to stick a hose down the pipe mentioned above and syphon some oil out.

Cheers

Paul
Yes I believe does, I can't see it going anywhere else, Oh and I'll get back you in a while about the vac tube diameter you asked about, I think its about 4mm but I'll check in a while.

Rob

youngsyp

Rob,

I'm almost sure it does go into the sump too, as you say, where else would it go ?!

Thanks for the info on the vac tube too, I've been trying to find one suitable for a while.
No worries on finding out the exact diameter, I've just bought some digital vernier calipers so, I should get of my lazy a$%^ and measure the dipstick hole myself !

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

You should get on ebay and buy one of the vac pumps I have, I've seen them for about £40 delivered.

Rob

youngsyp

Is that the one that pumps and sucks ? If you pardon the expression !

That would be more than usefull for the next transmission fluid change !

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Is that the one that pumps and sucks ? If you pardon the expression !

That would be more than useful for the next transmission fluid change !

Yeah I have two, I first brought the sucker one then found one that pumps as well, So I now use the sucker to pull out the old oil and the sucker/pumper to refill with out getting my hands dirty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

The pumper is brilliant at re filling the gearbox/transfer box because you know what a pain that gearbox filler is to get to :doh: :roll: .

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
The pumper is brilliant at re filling the gearbox/transfer box because you know what a pain that gearbox filler is to get to :doh: :roll: .

Rob
That's exactly what I mean, oil everywhere but, in the filler hole !

I'll get searching then !

Cheers

Paul

youngsyp

Rob,

Who makes your sucker/pumper device ?

All I can find on the web, including eBay is extraction only pumps ?!

Cheers

Paul

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
Rob, are these pumps suitable for draining fuel out of a fuel tank?

Nope :der: .

But you can buy ones that are suitable ;-)

Rob

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Rob,

Who makes your sucker/pumper device ?

All I can find on the web, including eBay is extraction only pumps ?!

Cheers

Paul

I think its a sealy mate, I can't find any myself ether, I'll pop out to the garage now and get the model number.

Rob