oil temp

S

S-GTI-R

the r feels sluggish when oil temp goes up any ideas guyz

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What sort of temperature are you talking about? What's the coolant temp gauge reading at this point?

It's possible it's your going into the det zone when your temp goes up and the ecu is backing you off.
Have you had the fuelling checked for whatever spec you're running?

S

S-GTI-R

coolant temp is fine not ova heatin or nothin,oil temp goes up to mark off the middle then gets sluggish

S

S-GTI-R

im runnin 1bar boost,but im gonna get front mount oil cooler

Dooie Pop Pop

high running temps could be caused by a severly(sp?) worn engine or low coolant levels. dont want to worry you but id have a good look if i were you :wink:

D

DOT2DOT

When is the oil too warm? I hit 130 on a trackday before i realised it and pulled in. Is that way too excessive. I was as flat as flat could be though. What temp would most oils break-down at? Im running millers 10 - 60.

S

S-GTI-R

ive jus put a front mount on the r and a uprated t28 turbo but when i went to connect the turbo pipe turbo to the cooler i noticed the angel woz different on the pipe to the stock turbo so i cut the pipe and joined 2gether wiv a rubber hose 4 now,i think it gets sluggish when its warm coz of that pipe wot u think guyz? :?