omex ecu

sumo

has any one used this ecu is it any good and where is scotland can a get it set up if a get en:roll:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
ECU is only as good as its mapper.. So why not use something thats commonly mapped. Motec, PowerFC, AEM, GEMS, LINK etc..

Rishi

Ricky_GTi-R

Agree with Rishi, why look towards an ECU that may be very difficult to map? Stay with ones that have a larger following of mappers, makes sense surely?

Fusion Ed

They are actually very nice to map. Many many more features than pfc e-manage etc.. but - and this is a big but, they wont be a particularly straight fit on the GTI-R since you will need to fit new CAS sensors etc. This may not be too bad if you dont mind doing this, but its the only down side of getting an European system on a Jap car.
I heard back from a guy today with a Micra today (1.4 16v) which has a forged engine and pistons rods etc that I put together for him (running omex). On its first r/r which imo I wouldn't have said it was ready for, it pulled 208lb ft @ 4000 rpm and 201.7bhp @ 5600 rpm. Its very strangled by its stock cams at the moment..

sumo

ah thought some of u lot would say that will i got one very cheap and i hav cps as well with it. it came with a wire loom but i think i shall get it wired in to the gtir loom :doh: all i need is to find out what wire does what down at the ecu of the the car loom if u get ma driff:thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

What unit do you have? As for fitting it, I would most probably ditch most of the gtir loom. There is no benefit in keeping it since you cant really use anything from it, and it would take longer trying to figure out what you needed.
You'll probably have to pair up the injectors, fit a cas sensor and fit coil packs (you don't really want to keep the distributor, unless you have to. http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/gtir/ECCS_DIAGRAM.PDF shows the gtir diagram. Be aware however that many of the stock sensors will not be calibrated for the omex ecu, temp etc...