One for the gearbox dudes-Mike/Olly etc.

skiddusmarkus

After only doinf a couple of hundred miles in my car,the gearbox is playing up.It keeps sticking in reverse and doesn't always want to go in reverse in the first place.

The car is back in the garage up on ramps with the casing off and nothing is broken.Everything looks ok.However when reverse is engaged there are 2 springs that help hold it in place and then pull it back out again-the one that holds it in place isn't doing it properly.I reckon that the spring may have stretched past it's elastic limit.

Has anyone else had this problem and can you buy the springs seperately/have them made up?If they can be made up does anyone know the exact measurements that would need taking eg length,coils,width,nm rating etc?

O

Odin

I'd give Burnie a call mate :wink: .

He's very helpfull even if you did get a lesser person to build your box :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

skiddusmarkus said:
That lesser person now works for the Mitsubishi WRC team hence not being around to fix it :lol: .

GOD HELP THEM :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

ex-gtir

is the roll pin that holds the selector tight as some times they are slack meaning more movement is needed to select and remove
hope this makes sense

skiddusmarkus

There is one on a pivot whi is kind of shaped like a spring on a clothes peg.This seems fien.The other one which just looks like a normal spring with a hook on each side looks slightly stretched/saggy.Have you seen them stretched before Mike?

ex-gtir

never seen it but most boxs seem to have prolems with reverse seems to help if you select first then reverse :?: why i have not a clue ill have to strip my spare box apart and see how the mech works again