opinions on brakes

stuarty

Desperatly need to get some decent brakes on the car now and was wanting to hear what other people thought.....

1.Upgrade disks, pads, braided lines, fluid....

2.4 Pot kit to fit under 15s......

3.4 Pots and 16s.....

4.Fu*k it buy 17s and go for the full big brake kit......

I know what i would want to do but thats would mean being in the dog house for a very long time:roll: ....... just ondering what you guys think is the best combo for your money:?

P

Pete

4 pots and fit under 16" thats what i do if i was doing it again and not 17":-D :-D

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
Whats wrong with 17"?

I'd say 16's where better but light weight 17's are fine but you can't can't get the standard rolling radius like you can with 16's :cry: ......

Rob

D

danmo

I have 16" rota slipstream alloys with pretty good tyres (federal on the front and michelin pilot exalto's on the rear (these have amazing grip in the dry)) - pretty much new and for sale (£350 + standard wheels) no scratches look like new. ovno
I fitted the wilwood 310mm 4-pot kit behind them no problem (the one with the 2 piece discs with the gold bells)
Was a really good brake kit and only £630.

PaulB

I went for the 310mm wilwoods too, there a great bit of kit, massive improvement over standard. there a bit noisy when heavy use tho. Im running 17" superleggeras, so there nice and lightweight.
I generally do straight lining speed, as opposed to getting it on 2 wheels, so they look and handling are a good balance.

You wont be dissapointed with the kit, i done mine in a morning, and our lass pressed the pedal when i bled them, worked fine 1st time !!

tomble

I fitted the 285mm wilwood kit a couple of months ago (under 15's)

They are very good, that is until they get warm and start squeeling like pigs.

By the time i get to my local town (about 10 miles away) i almost feel compelled to use the handbrake to save pedestrian ears!

a little off the topic, but has anyone else had the same experience? are there any quieter pad compounds? i think my kit came with the poly q's.

Tom

stuarty

Cool the option with the 16s sounds the best to me the handlingissue mainly not heard good stories about putting 17s on ........was wondering though about the 4 pot kit to go under the 15s are they any good is there a big differance between the brake sizes in stopping power?? And has anybody done just the pads , lines, better disks did that make a good improvement........