opinions please

sadsy

ive just been tinkering with the R trying to find the idle adjust screw, to cut a long greasy waste of time story short! i noticed water leaking from around the bottom hose,:doh: so i mopped it up and squeezed the hose trying to make it leak some more, but i only got a slight dribble after bout 5 mins. i checked to level and it had gone down a bit but it didnt take alot to fill it back up again.
So i have ran the car up to working temp (with a lower idle lol) and the fan has cut in and out, thermo has opened and the bottom hose is pressurised, BUT if it had a leak, wouldnt it be spraying or leaking a bit more????
I can get the rad rebuilt with a better cooling core for bout £100, but it was raining last night and i have moved the car, so it might be me being paranoid bout aload of rain?:oops:

So would it be pissing out if i had a leak?
Am i being paranoid?
lewis hamilton will be 1st!:thumbsup:

GTIR-LOZ

i used to have this the bottom hose leaked but only after the car had been run up then left to cool down again bit weird found the hose was pushed too far on to the rad (over the little black stop) moved it back a bit and it has been fine

sadsy

cheers for the comments, its the kinda thing that worries you! Carl those rads sound good i will look into those, do you know anyone with one? i will check how far the hose is on the collar aswell, i dont wonna drive the damn thing now just incase it looses its water n seizes up lol,

Ok lewis hamilton might be second!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Thunder pants* has one of them. Not sure if he got the cheap one or not tho.

Forgot, he's changed his name to Odin.

Last edited: