Opinions

bopper

Im thinking of doing something with the tailgate, i dont like the size of the numberplate surround but i didnt want a completly smoothed off one, i was thinking maybe make a recess the size of the number plate so it would be smooth but still kept a feature so not to make it to plain, what do people think. not to chav is it?

MORF114

I think they look really nice std if they are colour matched.

Is yours a UK tailgate or Jap style

jameswrx2

Don't mess with it, nasty. Get a UK tailgate if you want something different.

Any sort of smoothing or changing is going to look crap.

John

Personally the best thing I think you can do is colour code the number plate surround from the grey plastic to whatever colour your car is, I think it makes the rear look alot better.

P

pulsarmick

my import has had a bump at the back and been repaired with a uk tail gate looks ok :-D

bopper

Thank you for all the advice people, just to let you know im gonna go against the grain and change it anyway. at least i know not to bother posting any pics once its done..

gunmetalgtir

Don't be such a little b1tch and get pics up when you get it done!

Just prepare to get :flame: off of the purists on here! :lol:

bopper

thats what i love about this site theres nothing like running people down, anyway i will do this properly and i dont like using filler

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
bopper said:
Im thinking of doing something with the tailgate, i dont like the size of the numberplate surround but i didnt want a completly smoothed off one, i was thinking maybe make a recess the size of the number plate so it would be smooth but still kept a feature so not to make it to plain, what do people think. not to chav is it?
I wouldn’t bother doing it really. Think of it this way you’re taking away the pulsars identity but changing its jdm features. You’re altering its appearance, for the better? I’m not too sure there. :?

As its been mentioned you could tidy the car up (tailgate) here and there, however if you did have the number plate surround altered I bet that after 6 – 12 months the work (filler) starts to crack and the paint begins to come off/peel. Not a great look and all the money wasted, for what? :doh:

I’d “invest” (if you can say that on a GTiR) in some upgrades, for the same kind of money or have and body/paint work repaired (remove any dents rust etc) to make it nice and shinny for this years season. ;-)

*edit - never mind...