OS Giken Clutches

Get the Twin plate OS Giken or Keep the HKS Cerimetalic Paddle clutch and spend the money on other m

• Change to the Twin plate OS Giken

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Are OS Giken Clutches as good as people say they are or should I stick to my HKS Cerimetalic Paddle clutch (which I'm happy with @ 320bhp).

I've got the opertunity to get a used Twin plate OS Giken Clutch which has apparently seen very little use for under £450

The only reason I'm concidering a change is that with the engine rebuild I'm doing I will hopefully be getting around the 380 bhp mark and wonder if my HKS Cerimetalic Paddle clutch is up to the job. The car will not be used on the strip or track and will only be a fast road every day driver.

What do you think ???

S

Sirnixalot

it will be easier engaging than the HKS so your left foot may like that.

antgtir

Id defo use the mod money to go towards the OS Gilken clutch, id say there will be much more benefit from that.

Hows the paddle clutch been? :?: Ive not heard great reviews about them.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What do you think of the price ?? Thats including shipping from New Zealand to the UK.

Also would I be right in saying the plates in an OS Giken can be recondition or reserfaced or something, or do you just buy new ones, and re-use the cover.

And do you think the OS Gken Flywheel can be skimmed/lightened as I mentioned in another post the whole OS Giken assembly is 13.5 kg inc flywheel and the fly is 8kg how do you think that weight compares to an uprated (say organic) cover/plate/fly

Uncle Winnet

re

i put a Twin plate OS Giken Clutch in a frenids gtir a few weeks back and it is a very nice clutch a lot beterr than his old paddle hes very happy with it and his car is runing 400+bhp

john

cmng

OS Giken..
no regret since the day i use it

but those user beware
OS Giken RWD application cannot used on GTiR
althought the size and and flywheel is same
( you need to rebore the flywheel hole to fit )

RWD flywheel is slightly higher so
it will not bolt on GTiR box

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I've paid £380 + £80 :lol: :wink: shipping from NZ of, second-hand obviously, but only done a few 1000 miles due to engine popping.

Bargain :wink: