other engines besides gtir engine

mohsan

Even tho the gtir engine is a fantastic engine, was wondering whether anyone has installed other engines, and i dont mean gtir rebuilt ones.

paz

There's not really any point IMHO, the SR20DET seems to be one of the sturdiest 2 litre turbo units out there, as proved by thundergut. If anything, the only logical step would be a skyline GTR engine, but this has been explored before and found to be prettty much (although not completely) unrealistic.

You'd need to drive the car from your boot and pay a lot of money to have it done :lol:

paz

gtir bean

why would anyone want to go to the hassle of putting in another engine when the one it came with can produce big power with the right mods:der:

T

tro||

you can do that with an sr20det easily,

just most of the mongs in the uk are happy with 1 bar and dont have a pot to **** in or the skills to do it anyways, thus no development and no interest.

theres plenty of big, big power sr20's in the world

JIMMYBACK

what about the ve multi variable valve timing? there 180bhp as standard.........so a turbo on it with the added vtec like control thet would be the only other option open....i researched the skyline engine and it would cost in the region of 12k:shock: :doh:

T

tro||

its still an sr series matey :thumbsup:

the sr20vet makes 280bhp standard, bottom end is not as good as gtir allegedly.

the ve heads will allegedly outflow a gtir head all day long, gtir bottom end with ve head with custom valve set up and rockers seems to the the way to go

marcus_g

There's a guy by me with a vauxhall red top engined mk1 fiesta he uses for rallying he clearly know what he's doing with it as it's about 300 brake 'he claims' so if your willing to experiment and splash the cash you can make any engine the muts nuts as troll says you just need the resources

paz

**** yes. I know nothing about engines unlike Troll etc above, but its obvious that if you have the money and time to invest you can acheive anything with the GTIR.

paz

A

AJ4

tro|| said:
the ve heads will allegedly outflow a gtir head all day long, gtir bottom end with ve head with custom valve set up and rockers seems to the the way to go
shush ! stop giving away our secrets ;) :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
And how many people do you think actually knows what a VE head is... Or where to get it... Or whats so good about it... ;-)

I think we're safe.... :lol:

Rishi

ohc_turbo

the only other nissan 4 pot which in the right hands would either keep up or beat a sr20det is a fj20et...

i agree though sr20det is the best going so far as nissan have become a bit ghey recently with there cars and engine and thinking more about emmisions and mpg etc.

A

AJ4

RishiGTiR said:
And how many people do you think actually knows what a VE head is... Or where to get it... Or whats so good about it... ;-)
Dont talk too soon, you'll probably get a thousand questions now through the forum contact form asking where they can buy one and is it good for 1 Bar ? :D:D:D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
D-Fens said:
Dont talk too soon, you'll probably get a thousand questions now through the forum contact form asking where they can buy one and is it good for 1 Bar ? :D:D:D

Shhhhh!!... Stop giving them ideas!... :doh:

cmng

VET ?
common conversion at US nowday
and a lot of VE head lying around at my country
but VE Head need drill one hole at block and at the head to allow the VVL cam activated

like B16B + B20B hybrid

Cris

I'd agree VET is king.

The comment about bottom ends I think refers to the VE. I believe the bottom end of the VET to be counterweighted. Block could be different too.

I think the comment I remember was the VET being described as a mixture of the best points of the GTIR and the VE.

C

crackerjack

I recently imported a VET from Japan to New Zealand for my friend. He was doing some research on it and found out that a person in Australia with an X-Trail (this is what the VET's come out in) with an exhaust done and the boost wound up to 18psi (engine stock and with cvt(auto) transmission) the xtrail pulled 300kw at four wheels. Thats very impressive considering the engine is pretty stock... if i blow my gtir det at any point I will be importing a VET as there is much more potential and technology in the VET compared to the aging SR20DET's. Also its not as easy as it sounds to just bolt a ve head onto a det bottom end as all the oil gallerys are in different locations etc. The VET's also come with the ball bearing turbos which are far superior to the gtir and even the s15 T28's.

kirko

i had to get a vet the other week as the bottom end failed on my hamster when the cat got it:flame: