overfueling

karting

Basically the car wont rev past 3.5k as the fueling has gone through the roof. 12.1 (i think). Now the garage has tried, a new ecu, new uni chip, new afm, new injectors (well not new but all came off the garage owners gtir so we know they work). What else could it be? there trying injectors atm, but other than that were stumped

DannyGTI-R

It will be your Knock sensor my friend do a fault code check. If 12.1 is you afr then its not through the roof its spot on...!!! Nice and safe.

steven_c

i would go with a knock snsor also have fun getting too it.. but if you have a ramp you should be ok..

karting

its in a ag arage so it should be ok for them to get too. I think the garage said it has to 9-1 and its now at 12-1 but i could be wrong (i was on a roof when they told me), i guess ill mention the knock sensor ill get them to check that tomorrow morning.

P

pulsarboby

knock sensor wont cause it to not rev above 3.5k
disagree with everyone else and reckon the afm is goosed or theres a dodgy connection to it

karting

well they have tried a different ecu and afm from a car which they know is working, so they ruled that out straight away.

gtir_pimp

not heard of a goosed knock sensor not letting the engine rev freely. get them to do a fault code check and that will tell you.a mates sensor was buggerd and it went all the way round the clock! does it always only go up to 3.5k when started from cold and hot aswell? when mine got hot it wouldnt go past 2-3k because of the cat-heat sensor, so i unplugged it under the drivers seat! so it wouldnt matter what ecu was in there as it will go into limp home mode!

gtirjoey

i know someone who had this exact fault with a gtir, it turned out to be a faulty hall sensor in the dizzy. he described it as if it had a rev limiter set to 3.5k

karting

yup, thats what i got, whats is the parts exact name so i can suggest that too

this one
gtirjoey said:
i know someone who had this exact fault with a gtir, it turned out to be a faulty hall sensor in the dizzy. he described it as if it had a rev limiter set to 3.5k

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Has a fault code check been done as that monitors the crank angle sensor in the dizzy.

popeye

I had a very similar problem, it seemed like it was hitting a rev limiter around 3.5 k, it was a lose boost pipe that caused it, tightened the jubilee clips and it was fixed!

Fusion Ed

GTIR distributors don't have hall sensors. They are optical.

Do a fault code readout before ANYTHING ELSE. Is the ECU light permanently on? It may be running in hardware failsafe mode.

karting

he did a test and it came back knock sensor but he dosnt think its that so hasnt tested it. Could it really cause a problem like this? If so anyone selling a one with asap delivery?