Oxygensensor values to high

Rage

Hi

Have just got my new R from Japan now, and I have problems with the O2 values are to high, so I cant register my car, until the values are normal. (Stupid EU rules!)

Went down from 2+++ to 1.21 by changing the exhaust.

They should be 1.0, but they are 1.21

Anyone got any idea?

Cheers

Andreas

A

AJ4

check your lambda sensor ( the sensor in the turbo downpipe ). The emmisions should be exactly 1.0 if this is working ok.

Rage

Okey.

As I understood, the lambdasensor that the R uses, are a special one? That can measure up to 1.6v?

A

AJ4

Its a strange one... I had one that was 1.2 volts, and the replacement one I got from Nissan was a 1.0 volt one, and I've heard of people that have 1.4 volt one !

Not really sure that anyone knows which one it should be ! :D

Rage

This is great.. hehe. Can I get normal lambda values with a lambda that measures up to 1.0v?

A

AJ4

strangely enough... yes. Although the Nissan lambda sensors are all different voltage, I believe they are all still calibrated so that the stoich point has the same voltage.. not sure how true that is, but it makes sense...

Rage

Hehe. Weird.
A friend of mine is out on a trip to Nissan now, hopefully they have it in stock... Will post results later.

Rage

We changed the lambda, and. Voila! Problem solved, and my car would be on the road any day now.

I have only driven like 3 or 4 miles in it, so Im really looking forward to drive it this summer!

:D