pads

J

japedup

what pads do you all recomend to use on the standard brakes,also where can i purchase some from :?

P

Phil_d74

Alot of people say that an upgrade to "green stuff" pads is a good option.

I however prefer the standard type made by Ferrado available from any good parts store. Halfords will be more expensive so try an independant store. :wink:

i would say buy a good brand and they will be fairly similar in performance. :)

kyepan

i'm using mintex m1155 they don't fade very much but need a little warming, and have found mintex m1144 to be very good. lots of bite.

had pagid pads and they were ok too.

JU5TY

Havnt heard great things about Green Stuff, so I would avoid them.

Ive got them at the moment, but will be changing.

MarkTurbo

Has anyone used ferodo ds2500 pads? I'm gonna need a new set of front pads within the next week or so and i was thinking of trying them.

By the way greenstuff pads weren't even up to the job of stopping my old cav gsi, so don't bother with them on an R :wink:

Cris

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. I really do rate Greenstuff pads. They are a vast step up from the stock pads with regard to fade. Bite on the Pulsar is perhaps a little better than stock and of course they produce far less brake dust. The diasadvantage is much shorter pad life.

I run Greenstuff on my bike and used to run them on my 205 (very good on the 205). My brother also runs them on his Tipo and AX GT.

As a side point I'm going to try a set of Ferrodo's to see what they are like because they are cheap and will hopefully last a bit longer (I have slotted/drilled standard size discs).

In the past I haven't been too impressed by Mintex (for the price) but that was a few years ago. Others like them alot so...

Main thing is that the R brakes are pretty poor at the best of times so don't expect too much from a new set of pads.

turblio

Well, I run greenstuff on the front with brembo grooved discs and they do
work but they dont last it also depends on the disc and if you are on a track or not, I certainly wouldn't put them up against pagid or mintex 1144
they are much better
Frank

C

caz

I was informed by an aftermarket parts supplier that green stuff pads, and he winked at this point :wink: , are not uprated. I wasn't inpressed with them. I've got Mintex 1144's to go with my new Brembo's