Pagid rear pads now discontinued

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
After searching threough the forum, thought the Pagids would be the best all rounder for me. Order them from motorsportworld to find they are discontinued. They've recommended EBC Red Stuff :lol: :roll: :lol:

The next choice by most seems to be the Mintex 1144, looks like I'll have to get them instead now.

Just did a quick search, the same company wants £101 for the 1144's :shock: I'm sure you pay for what you get but that seems ridiculous!

Cheers,
Jim

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Just done another search and found some people can find them cheaper. Will have to look around but coments appreciated.

Cheers,
Jim

geetee

Do your rear brakes actually do anything??

I wouldn't know, I've had EBC Blue on them for 40K miles. Hard as nails and not for road use but they do last :lol:

Maybe that's why I can never stop?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

I

Innovate Performance

campbellju said:
After searching threough the forum, thought the Pagids would be the best all rounder for me. Order them from motorsportworld to find they are discontinued. They've recommended EBC Red Stuff :lol: :roll: :lol:

The next choice by most seems to be the Mintex 1144, looks like I'll have to get them instead now.

Just did a quick search, the same company wants £101 for the 1144's :shock: I'm sure you pay for what you get but that seems ridiculous!

Cheers,
Jim
Mate i also found that the front are 2 as we order a couple of sets of fronts and rears. :cry: .

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Innovate Performance said:
Mate i also found that the front are 2 as we order a couple of sets of fronts and rears. :cry: .
Glad its not just me then. I think the mintex have gone up as both MSW and my local motor factor who have a good account with the company wanted £100 for the rear pads.

Can't comment myself but heard too many bad things about all the EBC stuff to take the risk.

Short term I've just put standard mintex on the back in the end. Longer term I want to upgrade the rear discs to better balance the front rear braking anyway so the least spent now the better.

campbellju said:
Can't comment myself but heard too many bad things about all the EBC stuff to take the risk.
Should mention i recommended them because i have the EBC greenstuff and Discs on my Civic VT... The R has Pagid... The VT will stop so fast you'll see yourself in a past life. :lol:

The Pagids- well it's an R, braking isn't it's strong point as we all know. :roll: