Pipe loose fluid leaking out

chrisniss91

Just looked under the bonnet of my car and there is loads of fluid everywhere :cry: I have found where its coming from, Its a pipe with the code (oxo6) in red written on :? its coming under the big black pipe from turbo to air filter any ideas what it is or where it should go it looks important :cry: The car starts okay and runs but this pipe must do something its not the slave cylinder one thats oin place

any ideas :oops: :cry:

nickg123

Hmm...... what sort of fluid is it?

Can't be Power steering fluid - as thats on the other side........

Wouldn't think it's Coolant as there's only the big Rad pipe there and not a lot else....

Could it be Brake Fluid?? Have you smelt it? Looked at what colour it is?

j10gtr

what colour is the fluid does it have a strong smell. Could be gearbox breather not sure but that shouldnt be under your air inlet pipe. Follow the pipe and see where it goes to.

mail me off list j10gtr@ntlworld.com and i will give you my number if your worried

Thanks
Paul

chrisniss91

Just had another go, i think the pipe is coming off the gearbox :? does this sound right :?: I followed the pipe and it went down on to the gearbox :roll:

j10gtr

this pipe should finish at the top of rocker cover area if for some reason the end of the pipe has fallen lower its likely that some of the gearbox oil has been pushed ou of the breather. Gearbox oil is smelly stuff if it is the gearbox oil then i would suggest checking the level of the oil and toping up if required. remember to put the pipe high it where it belongs before you drive it.

It would be advisable as you describe the colour of the oil as blacky brown to drain the lot and refill it.

Thanks
Paul

chrisniss91

He wont do it :cry: He said it's a 2 second job and its not worth me driving all the way there :? He tried to talk me through on the phone what to do but i cant see where it goes :oops:

chrisniss91

I'm thick as 5hit :oops: I think it was the breather pipe was facing downwards squirting oil all over the place, The garage must of overfilled the gearbox. :?