PLEASE HELP

A

Anonymous

hi guys,

bought a pulsar :(
last nite. On m'way doing 80mph, car went off. When i parked up on the hard shoulder ther were oil on the ground. AA chap says its the head gasket. i did 60miles before it conked out. i wana go giv it back. ANY SUGGESTIONS (07977 977 518)

O

Odin

You should of checked it over better mate and if you don't know what your looking at take someone that does :wink: :roll: .

As for being a 5hit car well there not there very strong and reliable cars
when looked after properly many have done over 100k with no problems
what so ever, It's just when they get into the hands of numpty's that can
now afford to buy them that they start blowing up from miss use and over
boosting them with incorrect fueling :cry:.

As for your's I'd try takeing it back and getting yourself one thats for sale
on hear that have been looked after by someone that cares,If that doesn't
work I'm sure another member will help you out fixing it as it's not that bad a job (head gasket), But your not going to get much help by joining up and the first thing out your gob is how 5hit are cars are :roll: :evil: .

By the way how much did you pay for this one :?: .

rob

J

jasegould

No offence to AA guys but i wouldnt go 100% on what they say, they offer roadside assistance not diagnosis (only going from experience here). Although it can happen, I doubt a headgasket would cause a major puddle of oil :?:
As far as comeback unless you can prove that the seller knew it had a fault and was telling porkies when they sold it theres not really much you can do. :cry:

andygtir

if you bought it trade, unless sold as seen you have an automatic three month 'warranty' by law.

if private, like jase says unless you can prove he knew about the fault you're bu**ered. :(

get it checked out by a pro, and have it checked for any other potential problems- get it serviced as a precaution - include all fluids, sparks etc... and always run it on optimax.

not the best introdution to the car, but once up and running it'll be worth the aggro :D

S

stomski

oh dear :(

must have been a bit annoying to say the least.

how many r's did you look at and how much did you pay for your 1?

i looked at 5 and even got ZIA from this forum to look at 1 for me - still hasnt given me any probs apart it being do dam quick!!!! 8)

all the best mate, but if bought privately, you've just got to get on with getting it fixed and go from there!

A

Anonymous

Cheers

THE CHAPS A TRADER, SO WAT DOES THAT MEAN BY LAW? BOUGHT IT FOR £2695. I'M GETTING IT TOWED BACK TO HIS HOUSE TOMOROW AND DEMANDING A REFUND. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE GUYS

BenD

Re: Cheers

daddy said:
BOUGHT IT FOR £2695.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I suggest that if you are going to be looking for a good one, you will be looking at at least a grand more than that in standard form.

You pays your money :wink:

BTW The trader has to either give you a refund, or fix the car, but to be honest, id get your money back and look for a good one on here, like the lads say, it will be looked after.

hope you find a decent one, it will be worth the £

Cheers

Ben

A

Anonymous

For that price i would be expecting a problem :shock:
Don't think i have ever seen one that is that cheap (apart from broken ones)

I got my almost standard one for over a grand more than that.

It gets checked pretty much everyday(oil / coolant levels / tyre pressures etc)

A

Anonymous

Cheap Pulsar £2195ono

Its now up for sale, so any decent offers accepted. I dont have the time or money 2 fix it. Has hks clutch, and uprated brakes which are extremley good. its been uk converted. £2195