plenum, urgent help please

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

i only have 2 days left to work on my car, i only got 4 days leave from my work. then i need to travel back to the place i work(by plane 2 hrs). :(

I bought the car 3months ago, i took to several garages, but so far al the garage didnt wanna handle my car, cos only 2 GTIR in my country, then 1 of it is dead. so im the only left. :shock:

i would like to ask about the picture that i posted, those are about the plennum. and my injectors, etc... i only took the intercoler off, and i cant see any standard plennum(like normally gtir have) on my car.
does anyone know how it can? :cry:

the previous owner has no idea with the car too. im the 4th hand user, 3rd user gave up in fixing the car and sold it to me.
the car is not in good condition :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you sure it's a Gtir (Is there a turbo :oops: )?
Doesn't look anything like my inlet side of things

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

ohhh my godddd, i think i was get cheated :( :cry:

yeah i just realise that the engine cover is different, after spend so much money. hmmmm illl check the engine that he gave me extra.

but the other engine that he gave me, inside the block was rusty,
some peple said that i can replace the block. here people called 'block boring'

A

antilag

yr definatly a weird set up there looks like the sr20det engine from another car not the 200 tho but i forget the name grrrrrrrrr there is a std dump valve in the pic so looks turbo

LOU ROB

skiddusmarkus said:
I can't think of any other engine it would be but the Bluebird either.
Don't think it's the bluebird engine,cause the bluebird only has 8 valves,the car in the picture has 16 valves.

LOU ROB

antilag said:
yr definatly a weird set up there looks like the sr20det engine from another car not the 200 tho but i forget the name grrrrrrrrr there is a std dump valve in the pic so looks turbo
Was there any skylines that used the sr20 engine :?:

A

antilag

na i was thinking the sentra or maybe the 180sx or primara in other countries?

GINGA

No the bluebird did have 16 valves as thats the common engine they use in the states to put in the sentra's etc, think the cherry was the 8 valve one :?:

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

oh yeah, i remember the garage that had the car same as me, but the engine is not running.

he showed me before the injector. it is similar as mine, and he said that thats skyline injector.

but in the engine written SR20

the problem with my car:
1. unstable idle
2. poor accelaration, like missing huge amount of power,
3. rear differential making terrible noise everytime the clutch release, especially in low rpm(2000rpm)
4. sound like leaking exaust
5. often when drive, the check engine light flashing(not like when self diagnose flashing)

oh yeah the turbo written not garret but M24. dunno what turbo is that. i think smaller than gtir original one.

help me please, can i still fixed the problem?
from pict/ill car owner :cry:

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

i think it is skyline engine, i found the picture. does anyone can tell me what i should do with this gtir?
is that this engine conversion that caused those all problems?

also if i just change the plennum, by using gtir plennum instead this skyline plennum, will it back to GTIR spec?

i really appreciate and need if anyone can guide me what the next step i should do,

please let me know thanks

the picture/ill car owner

I

Innovate Performance

2.0l skyline engine is the RB20DETor DE

The engine he has in his Car is the SR20DE with a turbo on it, or at least the inlet mainifold is the one off a SR20DE. I have one in the garage at the moment and it looks the same .

mattygti-r

was just going to add

a) thats not a GTI-R , yovue a £500 shell maybe of o GTIR who knows maybe its not even 4wd shell?

b) think you should get your $ back cos its not a GTI-R

c) wouldnt really see the point of that engine swap,

d) errr looks like your not the last GTIR then dont it :cry:

O

osmium

Do other checks to work out if the rest of the car is really a GTiR. you could have a standard sunny/pulsar with extra bits etc.

Check it is 4WD - look under the car for front and read diffs. there are other way to check if its a real GTiR posted somewhere on the forums but I can't remember where exactly.

sounds like you brought a bit of a lemon dude, if its possible get your money back, it sounds like it might be more hassle than its worth. Though that really depends on how much you paid for the car.

S

SUKARDIGOSAL

he everyone, thanks for everyone concern. i again really appreciate. i was so down last nite, cant even sleep :( trying to keep myhead up :shock:

the problem, i cant get my money back, the only way is to sell it to other people which will be very hard and sound dodgy. cos the buyer will end up like me :(

how possible for me to fixed the car?

A

Anonymous

Yeap its a bluebird sr20det, (my opinion but fairly sure) Ive seen a couple before, some with leather/cloth seats..and was going to buy a half cut from the breakers once. Come also as 4WD turbo, so the gearbox is the same then....not as powerful standard as the gtir, cant believe you didnt pick up on this when you bought the car :!:

mattygti-r

yeah me too!

well looks like you dont have a GTIR then,

and thats even worse if the garage said theyw ont work on it, when in fact its not even the same engine

whats the rest of the car look like?